Author Topic: F-1 engine and the federal law Q&A  (Read 2178 times)

Offline DSA

• Oxford, UK
  • Liked: 0
  • Likes Given: 0
F-1 engine and the federal law Q&A
« on: 07/01/2014 10:04 pm »
I'm a newbie here, and I've read all the rules regarding to the threads. If I committed an error, please do not hesitate to correct me  :)
___

Lately, I began to make lots of researches about rocket engineering. Then I got interested in Rocketdyne's F-1 engine from the Apollo program. Here's the question, this may sound may a bit stupid, is there any way I could get an access to the F-1 full schematic somewhere? I mean like well detailed, or is it possible to gain access to F-1B engine CAD from Dynetics as a sixth form student (UK citizen) for educational purpose..? In terms of security. how does the Federal Law states about old Rocket technologies like the one from Apollo program?

Offline John C

• Australia
  • Liked: 1
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: F-1 engine and the federal law Q&A
« Reply #1 on: 07/05/2014 10:55 pm »
Hi DSA. I doubt that there would be any national security issues around the F-1 engine.

Have you thought of contacting RocketDyne (the manufacturer) directly? There's a good chance they'll be willing to help you.  Barring that, a google image search for "Apollo F-1 schematic" turned up a few interesting sites that might be helpful to you, depending on how much detail you need - you may have trouble finding dimensioned drawings online.

I found heroicrelics.org has sections on the F-1 thrust chamber, injectors, turbopump etc, including links to very detailed PDF technical documents. It's an interesting site though I'm not a fan of the layout.

No doubt some of the older hands here will have better suggestions than me - I am a newbie too. Good luck with your project :)

Afterthought: May I ask what kind of project you're working on?

« Last Edit: 07/05/2014 11:03 pm by John C »

Offline Adaptation

• Liked: 40
  • Likes Given: 38

Offline JohnFornaro

• Not an expert
  • Delta-t is an important metric.
  • Planet Eaarth
    • Design / Program Associates
  • Liked: 1257
  • Likes Given: 724
Re: F-1 engine and the federal law Q&A
« Reply #3 on: 08/20/2014 02:39 pm »
Heroic relics is a cool as a moose site.  Some of the drawings are a bit grainy, but there are also some hi rez drawings.  If your garage is big enough, you could build one, I'm sure.  But there's so much more than drawings needed.
Sometimes I just flat out don't get it.

Tags:

Advertisement NovaTech
Advertisement Northrop Grumman
Advertisement
Advertisement Margaritaville Beach Resort South Padre Island
Advertisement Brady Kenniston
Advertisement NextSpaceflight
Advertisement Nathan Barker Photography