Author Topic: RCA COSMAC CDP1802 Microprocessor Information, Stories, Anecdotes, etc...  (Read 2056 times)

Offline Popper

• California
  • Liked: 0
  • Likes Given: 0
I am looking for any and all Information, Stories, Anecdotes, etc... regarding the RCA COSMAC CDP1802 Microprocessor (1802, RCA1802) used in any type of application, space-oriented or otherwise. (usually circa 1975-2000 +/-) Although it is always nice to have backup documentation of some sort, word-of-mouth stories and memories are also appreciated.

I am a CRAV Computing (Classic / Retro / Antique / Vintage) hobbyist, enthusiast, and collector, located in Northern California ("West Coast") USA. And I am a lay-researcher, historical archivist and information preservationist as it pertains to CRAV Computing, particularly focusing on the RCA COSMAC CDP1802 microprocessor. (anything and everything 1802)

My under development website is: http://www.MDCCCII.com/

(I couldn't see where else to post this other than this sub-forum)

Offline A_M_Swallow

• Elite Veteran
  • South coast of England
  • Liked: 500
  • Likes Given: 223
In the late 1970s a British military project used an 1802 as an embedded computer in communications equipment. It was chosen because these were few alternatives and the engineers were told there was/would be a nuclear hard version since NASA used it in space.

Offline Citabria

• Michigan
  • Liked: 276
  • Likes Given: 325
At VCFMW 12 last weekend there were several fine exhibits of hobbyist 1802 computers, old and new. Here's a slideshow:

Offline Citabria

• Michigan
  • Liked: 276
  • Likes Given: 325

Tags:

Advertisement NovaTech
Advertisement Northrop Grumman
Advertisement
Advertisement Margaritaville Beach Resort South Padre Island
Advertisement Brady Kenniston
Advertisement NextSpaceflight
Advertisement Nathan Barker Photography