Author Topic: FAILURE: Progress MS-04 - Soyuz-U - Baikonur - December 1, 2016  (Read 154568 times)

Offline Nicolas PILLET

• Gien, France
    • Kosmonavtika
  • Liked: 670
  • Likes Given: 134
Once more, I don't understand why these "solder problems" are reported here, since they have absolutely no link to the Progress failure.
Nicolas PILLET
Kosmonavtika : The French site on Russian Space

Offline Suzy

• Melbourne, Australia
    • RuSpace - my Russian spaceflight website!
  • Liked: 40
  • Likes Given: 187
Re: Progress MS-04 - Soyuz-U - Baikonur - December 1, 2016
« Reply #341 on: 04/07/2017 04:09 am »
Progress MS-04 carries the first Orlan-MKS spacesuit.  Do we know what its serial number is?

Would anyone have any information on this, for my records? (Spacesuit number and stripe color) Also the details for the second suit that went up on the following Progress, MS-05?

Offline B. Hendrickx

• Liked: 1891
  • Likes Given: 67
Re: Progress MS-04 - Soyuz-U - Baikonur - December 1, 2016
« Reply #342 on: 04/07/2017 08:24 am »
Progress MS-04 carries the first Orlan-MKS spacesuit.  Do we know what its serial number is?

Would anyone have any information on this, for my records? (Spacesuit number and stripe color) Also the details for the second suit that went up on the following Progress, MS-05?

According to the February 2017 issue of "Novosti kosmonavtiki" the spacesuit lost in the Progress MS-04 launch failure was Orlan-MKS nr. 3. Progress MS-05 was supposed to have carried up Orlan-MKS nr. 4 (which I presume it did), followed by Orlan-MKS nr. 5 on Progress MS-06.

While we're on the subject, TASS reports that the hydrolab at Star City is now expected to back in operation in late April/early May following almost 2.5 years of maintenance work.
http://tass.ru/kosmos/4154992

Not that this is so urgent. With the launch of the MLM "Nauka" module now likely delayed until late 2018/early 2019 (see the ISS section), it doesn't look like the Russian crew members are going to have a very busy EVA schedule in the coming months.

Tags:

Advertisement NovaTech
Advertisement Northrop Grumman
Advertisement
Advertisement Margaritaville Beach Resort South Padre Island
Advertisement Brady Kenniston
Advertisement NextSpaceflight
Advertisement Nathan Barker Photography