Author Topic: NSF Merchandise Store now online  (Read 63304 times)

Offline grythumn

• Liked: 167
  • Likes Given: 246
Re: NSF Merchandise Store now online
« Reply #20 on: 10/02/2014 04:55 pm »
Is the $14.95 S/H for an iPhone case the expected charge? I have never gotten anything from CafePress before, and wanted to make sure this is the correct value. (Guess I have been spoiled by Amazon free S/H.)

Wayne

It depends on which case you choose. I get varying shipping quotes from $6.50 to the $14.95 in the cases section, depending on which case I picked. I think that's rather high, but we have no control over the s/h charges. Additional items will add proportionally less to the shipping as you hit different weight tiers, but it's still a lot of money.

Not terribly helpful, but Cafepress's official answer is here:
http://www.cafepress.com/cp/info/help/index.aspx?page=shipping.aspx#1

-Bob

Offline Lar

• Fan boy at large
  • Global Moderator
  • Saw Gemini live on TV
  • A large LEGO storage facility ... in Michigan
  • Liked: 11864
  • Likes Given: 11086
« Reply #21 on: 10/02/2014 05:34 pm »
I want a black T-shirt with the NSF logo in the top-corner on the front, and on the back in big white letters, the words:

"MODERATOR"
"Use of delete key authorized".

;D

Ya I want one of those too... :)  All of this merch is screen printed I think so the NSF logo may not print well on black.
"I think it would be great to be born on Earth and to die on Mars. Just hopefully not at the point of impact." -Elon Musk
"We're a little bit like the dog who caught the bus" - Musk after CRS-8 S1 successfully landed on ASDS OCISLY

Offline grythumn

« Reply #22 on: 10/03/2014 01:53 am »
Ya I want one of those too... :)  All of this merch is screen printed I think so the NSF logo may not print well on black.

The T-shirts are 'direct-to-garment' printed onto the fabric... basically giant, specialized inkjet printers. Now how well light inks work on dark garments, especially after a few washings, I can't tell you.

A couple of the existing dark shirt designs use machine embroidered patches. And while that should be more durable, I can't tell you how it'll look until someone buys one and posts a picture.

-Bob

Offline Chris Bergin

« Reply #23 on: 10/03/2014 10:49 am »
I'll post some pics of my stuff, when it arrives next week. ;D
Support NSF via L2 -- Help improve NSF -- Site Rules/Feedback/Updates
**Not a L2 member? Whitelist this forum in your adblocker to support the site and ensure full functionality.**

Offline wholmeswa

• Liked: 16
  • Likes Given: 144
« Reply #24 on: 10/03/2014 02:43 pm »

It depends on which case you choose. I get varying shipping quotes from $6.50 to the $14.95 in the cases section, depending on which case I picked. I think that's rather high, but we have no control over the s/h charges. Additional items will add proportionally less to the shipping as you hit different weight tiers, but it's still a lot of money.

-Bob

Bob: Thanks for the information. Sounds like Chris is going to post pictures of the stuff he ordered, so will hold off for now until get some feedback on the quality of the items vs S/H cost. (It all sure looks cool. :) )

Wayne

Offline TO

• Liked: 24
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #25 on: 10/03/2014 03:02 pm »
Finally! ;D
We'll make a bit of cash towards feeding the server hamsters, but L2 is far and away the most important way to support the site.

You mean hamstronauts? ;D

(adapted from Wikimedia: Djungarian_Hamster_Pearl_White_run_wheel.jpg)

Offline Chris Bergin

« Reply #26 on: 10/03/2014 03:26 pm »
Finally! ;D
We'll make a bit of cash towards feeding the server hamsters, but L2 is far and away the most important way to support the site.

You mean hamstronauts? ;D

(adapted from Wikimedia: Djungarian_Hamster_Pearl_White_run_wheel.jpg)

Oh that's Bob. I don't think he'll ever earn the "onaut" as he's a womanizer and a drunk! But he's cheap and we only have so much money to throw at servers! ;D
**Not a L2 member? Whitelist this forum in your adblocker to support the site and ensure full functionality.**

Offline Chris Bergin

« Reply #27 on: 10/03/2014 03:27 pm »

-Bob

Bob: Thanks for the information. Sounds like Chris is going to post pictures of the stuff he ordered, so will hold off for now until get some feedback on the quality of the items vs S/H cost. (It all sure looks cool. :) )

Wayne

Yeah, I'll get a bunch of photos up when Mr. Postman buzzes my door.

Offline R7

• Propulsophile
    • Don't worry.. we can still be fans of OSC and SNC
  • Liked: 992
  • Likes Given: 668
« Reply #28 on: 10/09/2014 02:44 pm »
Got the stuff today. The parcel shipped from Czech Republic, had a return address to Prague. Receipt inside the box had text "[VAT INCLUDED]" but there was no other VAT details in the prices at all. Would have been nice to know beforehand though, enjoying the EU free movement of goods instead of fearing customs and tax man.

The trucker hat was alright, logo colors a bit more pale than in the store picture, which actually makes them closer to what they are here in the actual site (at least on my screen).

The mug would have been great, but arrived in two pieces, entire bottom broken cleanly off  :-\ Strange because it was packed very well in lots of bubble wrap and the box did not show signs of any obvious abuse. Shame, the print on it was excellent. Won't bother with returning, would probably cost me more than getting a new mug in next batch (there will be one unless the mug problem turns out endemic). Now where's my glue...
AD·ASTRA·ASTRORVM·GRATIA

Offline Chris Bergin

« Reply #29 on: 10/10/2014 01:33 pm »
Sorry to hear about your mug, that's not on!

All my stuff has arrived now (intact and also from Prague, so that was handy as there's no tax, due to EU - so I bet all European orders come from there). I'll take photos later today.
« Last Edit: 10/10/2014 01:34 pm by Chris Bergin »

Offline MP99

« Reply #30 on: 10/10/2014 02:30 pm »

Sorry to hear about your mug, that's not on!

All my stuff has arrived now (intact and also from Prague, so that was handy as there's no tax, due to EU - so I bet all European orders come from there). I'll take photos later today.

Ooh, now that is good news. Explains the postage rates, too.

Advantage of going with a large player in the market - they have the infrastructure.

Cheers, Martin

Offline d3jf

• Global Moderator
  • Brno, Czech Republic
  • Liked: 49
  • Likes Given: 186
« Reply #31 on: 10/10/2014 06:16 pm »
Oh, they ship from Prague! That's great news, I won't have to bother my friends in the US. Ordering a mug tomorrow!

Offline Chris Bergin

« Reply #32 on: 10/11/2014 01:56 pm »
Ok here's my stuff.

Thoughts:

The Ipad mini cover is great. It's not just printed on, you can feel the logo, so it protrudes a bit. Love that.

Everything was very well wrapped, so it should arrive in good condition.

Clothing seems slightly larger. I got XL and I wonder if that's some American XL, as its was a bit big on me, but only slightly. And I'd rather have it a bit big than a bit tight! ;D

Sorry for the crap photos and lack of ironing! ;D
« Last Edit: 10/11/2014 03:22 pm by Chris Bergin »

Offline Chris Bergin

« Reply #33 on: 10/11/2014 01:58 pm »

Offline Chris Bergin

« Reply #34 on: 10/11/2014 01:59 pm »

Offline Space Pete

« Reply #35 on: 10/11/2014 04:53 pm »
Looks good, I think I'll have to place an order.

I see you managed to get York City FC in there too! :D
NASASpaceflight ISS Editor

Offline eric z

• Liked: 475
  • Likes Given: 2127
« Reply #36 on: 10/11/2014 05:29 pm »
Just got my first order today, and my wife says they look nice! Very glad for the 2xl size being available-I needed most of it!   

Offline Hog

• Woodstock
  • Liked: 1700
  • Likes Given: 6866
« Reply #37 on: 10/12/2014 03:53 pm »
Just seeing this now.  I'll have to get an order in ASAP!
I'll have to look for people NASASPACELIGHT.COM  at the launches.  If I see you, I'll say Hi.

Thanks to all those who got the store up and running.
Paul

Offline Hog

• Woodstock
  • Liked: 1700
  • Likes Given: 6866
« Reply #38 on: 10/12/2014 04:16 pm »
Merch. suggestion.

Perhaps a NSF.com patch? Similar is size to all the mission patches?
Paul

Offline grythumn

« Reply #39 on: 10/14/2014 03:58 pm »
Merch. suggestion.

Perhaps a NSF.com patch? Similar is size to all the mission patches?

Only one size patch from the vendor (4x2), but it fits the logo well. Added to Mugs and Miscellany. I believe it is printed, rather than embroidered. Iron on adhesive, can also be sewn.

http://www.cafepress.com/nasasf.1411002055

-Bob

Tags:

Advertisement NovaTech
Advertisement Northrop Grumman
Advertisement
Advertisement Margaritaville Beach Resort South Padre Island
Advertisement Brady Kenniston
Advertisement NextSpaceflight
Advertisement Nathan Barker Photography