Author Topic: Bulgarian Cosmonaut Capsule  (Read 1951 times)

Offline Targeteer

• near hangar 18
  • Liked: 3364
  • Likes Given: 1138
Bulgarian Cosmonaut Capsule
« on: 10/09/2009 05:57 pm »
I took these at the museum on Krumovo AB in Plovdiv, Bulgaria during a NATO TACEVAL last month.  The capsule was used by the first Bulgarian cosmonaut who had to "hand fly" the spacecraft during an emergency descent when the automatic system failed after an unsuccessful docking attempt with the Salyut 6 space station.  I'm curious if the experts on the site can verify this two seat capsule is the same type that now carries three seats.  The small size of the capsule itself and the interior in particular was a real surprise.   

The condition of the aircraft exposed to the elements outside is much worse and a great shame. Only an IL-2 personally restored is in amazing shape.
Best quote heard during an inspection, "I was unaware that I was the only one who was aware."

Offline jacqmans

• Global Moderator
  • Houten, The Netherlands
  • Liked: 8562
  • Likes Given: 320
Re: Bulgarian Cosmonaut Capsule
« Reply #1 on: 10/09/2009 06:30 pm »
Nice photos :)

Did you took any photos of the space suits that show the patches, would love to see them
Jacques :-)

Offline Targeteer

• near hangar 18
  • Liked: 3364
  • Likes Given: 1138
Re: Bulgarian Cosmonaut Capsule
« Reply #2 on: 10/12/2009 04:02 pm »
Unfortunately the batteries in my camera were dying. I thought I got some shots of the display case which had examples of "space food" but the batteries were dead by that point...
Best quote heard during an inspection, "I was unaware that I was the only one who was aware."

Tags:

Advertisement NovaTech
Advertisement Northrop Grumman
Advertisement
Advertisement Margaritaville Beach Resort South Padre Island
Advertisement Brady Kenniston
Advertisement NextSpaceflight
Advertisement Nathan Barker Photography