Author Topic: A plea for help: Need Pad Dimensions for EELV's  (Read 3159 times)

Offline kraisee

• Expert
  • Liked: 807
  • Likes Given: 40
A plea for help: Need Pad Dimensions for EELV's
« on: 03/18/2007 07:46 pm »
I'm working to produce scale models of the launch facilities at Cape Canaveral SLC-41 (Atlas-V) and SLC-37 (Delta-IV).

Finding details of dimensions for the facilities - such as the LxWxH of the Atlas MLP, and the height of the various umbilical towers is proving to be difficult to pin down.

I'm not after *very* specific information - certainly nothing of a secure nature - but I would appreciate knowing as much information as possible, down to station heights for fuel/ECS lines and approximate size for all such significant details.   I've gotten some very basic information out of the online Payload/Planners Guides already, but they just aren't detailed enough for the detail level I'm trying to achieve.

In case anyone hasn't seen my work before, and wants to see how 'legit' it is - here is one level of the Apollo/Saturn-V launch tower to give you an idea of what I'm trying to do:

http://www.launchcomplexmodels.com/Pics/030_001.jpg">

I have already tried contacting ULA directly, without success.   And I'm talking with the PAO at Patrick AFB to try organise a personal visit, but that process is just taking too long :(

Is there ***ANYONE*** here who has any such information, and who might be able to assist me?

I would be more than willing to provide a free model to anyone who can provide the right information! :)

Ross.
"The meek shall inherit the Earth -- the rest of us will go to the stars"
-Robert A. Heinlein

Offline horseshoe7

• Liked: 0
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: A plea for help: Need Pad Dimensions for EELV's
« Reply #1 on: 02/25/2010 03:37 pm »
Did you ever get any reply on this request.

We also could make use of dimensions of the main SLC-37 & SLC-41 Launch Complex and Lightning Tower structures, for purposes of creating 3D models for a Flight Simulation application.

As for your application, even rough dimensions would be helpful.

Offline fierland

• Netherlands
  • Liked: 0
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: A plea for help: Need Pad Dimensions for EELV's
« Reply #2 on: 12/28/2016 11:44 am »
Hi, I know this is an very old post, but did you figure those dimensions out ? My current guess is 46x54 ft for the platform

Tags:

Advertisement NovaTech
Advertisement Northrop Grumman
Advertisement
Advertisement Margaritaville Beach Resort South Padre Island
Advertisement Brady Kenniston
Advertisement NextSpaceflight
Advertisement Nathan Barker Photography