Author Topic: NSF Merchandise Store now online  (Read 63305 times)

Offline Chris Bergin

NSF Merchandise Store now online
« on: 09/30/2014 11:52 am »
Finally! ;D

http://www.cafepress.com/nasasf

This is the opening version, the most requested, with our site logo as the basis for an array of merchandise that allows YOU bragging rights in the office, or the ability to go to launches and portray to people within eye shot "that's right, I take my space flight seriously!" ;D

We've kept the mark up low end as this is more about making this available as a lot of people have wanted it, not least myself! We'll make a bit of cash towards feeding the server hamsters, but L2 is far and away the most important way to support the site.

We've gone with a template merchandise provider to ensure shipping and any returns are dealt with professionally.

We'll add to it over time, with unique designs/items.
Support NSF via L2 -- Help improve NSF -- Site Rules/Feedback/Updates
**Not a L2 member? Whitelist this forum in your adblocker to support the site and ensure full functionality.**

Offline Rocket Science

• NASA Educator Astronaut Candidate Applicant 2002
  • Liked: 4548
  • Likes Given: 13523
Re: NSF Merchandise Store now online
« Reply #1 on: 09/30/2014 12:31 pm »
Looks great Chris! :) Maybe some space desktop models in the future?
"The laws of physics are unforgiving"
~Rob: Physics instructor, Aviator

Offline Chris Bergin

« Reply #2 on: 09/30/2014 01:42 pm »
I've just spent all my pocket money on a load of stuff! ;D So if anyone wants to wait and hear from me on what the quality is like, hold fire and I'll let you know when Mr. Postman frowns at me for all the packages he's having to bring! ;D

Looks great Chris! :) Maybe some space desktop models in the future?

There are companies that do that already. We want to provide things you can't get anywhere else, such as this opening salvo of NSF stuff.
« Last Edit: 09/30/2014 01:52 pm by Chris Bergin »
**Not a L2 member? Whitelist this forum in your adblocker to support the site and ensure full functionality.**

Offline R7

• Propulsophile
    • Don't worry.. we can still be fans of OSC and SNC
  • Liked: 992
  • Likes Given: 668
« Reply #3 on: 09/30/2014 02:26 pm »
The items ship from US, right? Was about to go bananas too but settled for a mug and a trucker hat to stay under VAT radar.

Would be nice to get stuff with custom print. "Capsules 4EVA!!!" mug or "I corrected Jim" shirt ;)
AD·ASTRA·ASTRORVM·GRATIA

Offline moralec

« Reply #4 on: 09/30/2014 02:31 pm »
or "I corrected Jim" shirt ;)

OMG what a great idea!

Offline Alpha Control

• Veteran
  • Washington, DC
  • Liked: 164
  • Likes Given: 102
« Reply #5 on: 09/30/2014 02:45 pm »
Great to see to store open for business, Chris! There's a lot of good stuff in there.

Space launches attended:
Antares/Cygnus ORB-D1 Wallops Island, VA Sept 2013 | STS-123 KSC, FL March 2008 | SpaceShipOne Mojave, CA June 2004

Offline Chris Bergin

« Reply #6 on: 09/30/2014 04:15 pm »
The items ship from US, right? Was about to go bananas too but settled for a mug and a trucker hat to stay under VAT radar.

Would be nice to get stuff with custom print. "Capsules 4EVA!!!" mug or "I corrected Jim" shirt ;)

Jim could retire on his own personal range of forum put down merchandise! ;D

Yeah, items ship from the US. I went with the cheapest option for my stuff, given I had spent all my money on goodies, and it said 4-8 days! Was pleasantly surprised. Looks like there was an international shipping option for three days!

Looked very fair for my shipping. I got a ton of stuff and it worked out as a buck per item shipping.

Would be interesting to see how fast it is inside the USA.

Offline Barrie

• Planets are a waste of space
  • Liked: 242
  • Likes Given: 3815
« Reply #7 on: 09/30/2014 05:14 pm »

Unsubstantiated   ;D

Offline Space Pete

« Reply #8 on: 10/01/2014 02:49 am »
I want a black T-shirt with the NSF logo in the top-corner on the front, and on the back in big white letters, the words:

"MODERATOR"
"Use of delete key authorized".

;D
NASASpaceflight ISS Editor

Offline Frandolf

• Germany
  • Liked: 14
  • Likes Given: 110
« Reply #9 on: 10/01/2014 06:28 am »
Cool! 8)

Offline MP99

« Reply #10 on: 10/01/2014 06:48 am »

Yeah, items ship from the US. I went with the cheapest option for my stuff, given I had spent all my money on goodies, and it said 4-8 days! Was pleasantly surprised. Looks like there was an international shipping option for three days!

Looked very fair for my shipping. I got a ton of stuff and it worked out as a buck per item shipping.

Chris,

Hope you accounted for the postman to charge you VAT (20%), customs duty, plus a PO fee for collecting the fees.

Cheers, Martin

Offline Frandolf

• Germany
  • Liked: 14
  • Likes Given: 110
« Reply #11 on: 10/01/2014 07:05 am »
I just googled for the german customs regulation, probably it is in the EU similiar. The relvant value is the sum of price + delivery:

<22 €: no charge
22...150 €: import sales tax (typically identical to the VAT)
>150 €: import sales tax + customs (textiles 12%)

But, to deal with customs is more tricky than rocket science  ::)

Offline Chris Bergin

« Reply #12 on: 10/01/2014 10:10 am »

Chris,

Hope you accounted for the postman to charge you VAT (20%), customs duty, plus a PO fee for collecting the fees.

Cheers, Martin

I wondered why George Osborne was looking rather pleased with himself on the telly this morning! ;D

20 percent is no great shakes. A small price to pay to be able to go to the gym in NASASpaceFlight.com merchandise. My main problem will be dealing with the women* that will throwing themselves at me.

*Disclaimer: NASASpaceflight.com merchandise does not guarantee success with the ladies. ;)
« Last Edit: 10/01/2014 10:52 am by Chris Bergin »

Offline MP99

« Reply #13 on: 10/01/2014 10:30 am »

Chris,

Cheers, Martin

I wondered why George Osborne was looking rather pleased with himself on the telly this morning! ;D

20 percent is no great shakes. A small price to pay to be able to go to the gym in a NASASpaceFlight.com merchandise. My main problem will be dealing with the women* that will throwing themselves at me.

*Disclaimer: NASASpaceflight.com merchandise does not guarantee success with the ladies. ;)

Phew. (Though it'll be more than 20% once duty & the PO fee are added.)

Cheers, Martin

Offline SimonShuttle

• Elite Veteran
  • Manchester, England
  • Liked: 44
  • Likes Given: 89
« Reply #14 on: 10/01/2014 10:48 am »
Oh yes! Goodies!!

Phew. (Though it'll be more than 20% once duty & the PO fee are added.)

Cheers, Martin

I bet you're hilarious at parties......

Cheers, Simon. ;D

Offline clongton

• Expert
  • Connecticut
    • Direct Launcher
  • Liked: 7347
  • Likes Given: 3749
« Reply #15 on: 10/01/2014 11:11 am »
Awesome. Lets see - where's my cash stash?
Chuck - DIRECT co-founder
I started my career on the Saturn-V F-1A engine

Offline R7

• Propulsophile
    • Don't worry.. we can still be fans of OSC and SNC
  • Liked: 992
  • Likes Given: 668
« Reply #16 on: 10/01/2014 11:57 am »

Oh crap, there went my chances. A gentle way for them to turn down NSF space geek advances is required;

edit: also speeds up marital discussions about bowling nights and motorcycle purchases.
« Last Edit: 10/01/2014 12:00 pm by R7 »
AD·ASTRA·ASTRORVM·GRATIA

Offline JasonAW3

• Claremore, Ok.
  • Liked: 410
  • Likes Given: 14
« Reply #17 on: 10/01/2014 05:49 pm »
or "I corrected Jim" shirt ;)

OMG what a great idea!

I'll buy one!
My God!  It's full of universes!

Offline wholmeswa

• Liked: 16
  • Likes Given: 144
« Reply #18 on: 10/02/2014 03:16 pm »
Is the $14.95 S/H for an iPhone case the expected charge? I have never gotten anything from CafePress before, and wanted to make sure this is the correct value. (Guess I have been spoiled by Amazon free S/H.)

Wayne

Offline Paul Howard

• Veteran
  • Perth, Western Australia
  • Liked: 15
  • Likes Given: 25
« Reply #19 on: 10/02/2014 04:04 pm »
Is the $14.95 S/H for an iPhone case the expected charge? I have never gotten anything from CafePress before, and wanted to make sure this is the correct value. (Guess I have been spoiled by Amazon free S/H.)

Wayne

Maybe you need to proceed through checkout as it came up that price for me, half a world away!

Tags:

Advertisement NovaTech
Advertisement Northrop Grumman
Advertisement
Advertisement Margaritaville Beach Resort South Padre Island
Advertisement Brady Kenniston
Advertisement NextSpaceflight
Advertisement Nathan Barker Photography