Author Topic: NASASpaceflight.com: Five years old - and a thank you  (Read 7615 times)

Offline Avron

• Canadian Member
  • Liked: 150
  • Likes Given: 152
Re: NASASpaceflight.com: Five years old - and a thank you
« Reply #60 on: 06/09/2010 12:33 PM »
Congrats and many thanks...

Offline gazza1137

• Liked: 0
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #61 on: 06/09/2010 12:44 PM »
Happy 5th Birthday.

Boy do I wish I had found this website/forum earlier - I am just into the 2nd month of my subscription to L2. My broadband usage has taken a bashing in this period and I feel I haven't really touched the surface on what this site has to offer a relative newbie to the Space Age and everthing that comes with it.

I was taken aback by the live coverage of STS-132 and followed everybit of the coverage offered on that flight. I feel Atlantis is "my" Shuttle after finally getting to see her launch last November. Interestingly I have tried and failed on two many occasions to match a Shuttle launch whilst being on holiday in the States over the last 5 years.

Have no fear I will be keeping up with my subscription - the information I have gleaned beats just about everything I have paid to buy books on the subject!

Here's to the next 5 years and more!!

Gary

Offline kevin-rf

• Elite Veteran
  • Overlooking the path Mary's little Lamb took..
  • Liked: 1103
  • Likes Given: 241
« Reply #62 on: 06/09/2010 01:17 PM »
Happy 5, soon enough NSF will be all grown up and off to college on us ;)
If you're happy and you know it,
It's your med's!

Offline Chris Bergin

Quality comments, very much appreciated :)

Offline HappyMartian

• Tap the Moon's water!
  • Asia
  • Liked: 15
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #64 on: 06/09/2010 01:28 PM »
Congratulations Chris Bergin!

And a big thank you to everyone on this site. You all help to maintain my faith in the human species. Keep on flying!

Cheers!
"The Moon is the most accessible destination for realizing commercial, exploration and scientific objectives beyond low Earth orbit." - LEAG

Offline Holi

• Schönebeck, Germany
« Reply #65 on: 06/09/2010 01:48 PM »
Congratulations NSF, and thank you Chris for this great site!

Holger

Offline paulhbell07

• Extreme Veteran
  • South Yorkshire
  • Liked: 1
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #66 on: 06/09/2010 08:41 PM »
Congratulations to Chris and your team. By far the best space related news site and forum.

I can't really add anything more than what the others guys are saying, other than, bring on another 50 years :).

Offline iamlucky13

• Liked: 102
  • Likes Given: 93
« Reply #67 on: 06/10/2010 05:26 AM »
Wow! Just five years? That's quite remarkable growth and evolution. I imagine it couldn't have been long after you got started then, that I first stumbled across a few articles that at the time seem humblingly detailed - I mean, what kind of space nerd was I that I only understood half the acronyms in an article?

I forgot the URL for a while, but once I rediscovered it I was slowly drawn progressively deeper in.

You're completely right about it being a community, with great leadership at that.

Offline marshallsplace

• UK
    • music website
« Reply #68 on: 06/10/2010 06:47 PM »
Thanks Chris and everyone who contributes for providing THE website for space flight information - the only space website I tune into every day.

Offline zerm

• Hypergolic cartoonist
    • Klyde Morris dot com
  • Liked: 32
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #69 on: 06/13/2010 11:28 PM »
Chris- this site is the best! I recall long, long ago when I was on some other forum and remarked that I thought I was about to get myself kicked off of it. Chris came on and said "You'll always be welcome at NasaSpaceflight dot com." And I came over- and before I knew It I was here every day and loving it.

Chris- you are the best, and your site has gained a wide respect. Well done.

Offline DirtyDeeds

• Wilmington, NC
« Reply #70 on: 06/14/2010 01:35 AM »
Congratulations on 5 years! I know I'm not much of a contributor to discussions since I'm not in the industry, but even still it's my favorite site on the entire internet, and L2 is amazing! I really appreciate the work put into this site and the incredibly vast amounts of knowledge that can be obtained here. This is the best space flight library in the world, and I'm a member! Woohoo! I consistently have a problem of spending too much time reading discussions and materials on this site. The problem is not that these discussions and materials are note worth it (far from it), but that there is so much to absorb that to take it all in I would need to have reading NSF be a full-time job  (or more). It's incredible. Thanks Chris and the whole team.

Tags: