Author Topic: Future photoreconnaissance and other Russian military satellites  (Read 171327 times)

Offline Nicolas PILLET

• Gien, France
    • Kosmonavtika
  • Liked: 670
  • Likes Given: 134
A new picture of Blagovest, from Resetnev gazeta n°404.
Nicolas PILLET
Kosmonavtika : The French site on Russian Space

Offline Stan Black

• Liked: 377
  • Likes Given: 228
At the same time as 14Ф156 appears, there is also the appearance of a new code 14К046. ‘К’ is for the entire system of rocket, satellite… whilst ‘Ф’ is for just the satellite. Are the too connected?

«Разработка ЭП на программное обеспечение планирования и управления оптико-электронного наблюдения изделия 14К046»
http://www.zakupki.gov.ru/223/purchase/public/purchase/info/common-info.html?noticeId=1801997
I'm looking into it with some people.
Answer seems to be maybe yes. Only problem is older files don't match with the file in your link. I guess it's your call or some deeper research.

I have found they reference the same contract 14-4-51/539/ЗК от 19.06.2014г.?
http://novosti-kosmonavtiki.ru/forum/messages/forum14/topic14042/message1543720/#message1543720

The name is ‘Razdan’?

Salo пишет:
По предварительным планам, запуск первого "Раздана" космические войска планируют провести с космодрома Плесецк в 2019 году, второго — в 2022-м, третьего — в 2024-м.
Подробнее: http://www.kommersant.ru/doc/3049019
http://novosti-kosmonavtiki.ru/forum/messages/forum14/topic14042/message1543720/#message1543720
« Last Edit: 07/30/2016 07:22 am by Stan Black »

Offline Phillip Clark

• Hastings, England
  • Liked: 557
  • Likes Given: 1078
It would be so useful if posts like the one above had the Russian text translated into English (please) - after all, this is an English-language web site.   Isn't it?
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane - WJ.

Offline Stan Black

It would be so useful if posts like the one above had the Russian text translated into English (please) - after all, this is an English-language web site.   Isn't it?

Sorry Phil, it was only the name ‘Razdan’ I was trying to post and linking to the sources.

Offline B. Hendrickx

• Liked: 1891
  • Likes Given: 67
A quick summary of the 28 July 2016 Kommersant article on Razdan mentioned in Stan Black's post :

Quoting two industry sources and one military source, Kommersant's Ivan Sarfonov says TsSKB/Progress is working on a new generation of digital reconnaissance satellites (14F156/Razdan) that are supposed to replace the Persona satellites. 14F156 is also mentioned in an updated plan of acquisitions that appeared on the Progress website a couple of days ago. It's also known that in July 2015 the company ordered a study to determine among other things how much of the satellite's on-board electronics is foreign-built and how much of the equipment is subject to "export restrictions" (read : components that can no longer be exported to Russia due to the economic sanctions may have to be replaced by Russian-built components and this can lead to delays in the construction of the satellites). 

The first Razdan is tentatively scheduled for launch from Plesetsk in 2019, the second in 2022 and the third in 2024. The third one will be the first to carry a new 2 meter mirror that will be built by the Zverev factory in Krasnogorsk (and not by the LOMO company that built the optics for Persona).

Currently the Russians still have two operational Persona satellites in orbit. If they break down early or if the launch of the first Razdan is delayed, the Russian military will have to rely on data from civilian Earth remote sensing satellites to fill the gap. Data from civilian satellites such as Resurs and Kanonus have already been used to complement information from the Persona satellites during Russia's military campaign in Syria, which has again brought to the foreground the importance of space-based military reconnaissance.

Online Targeteer

• near hangar 18
  • Liked: 3364
  • Likes Given: 1138
A quick summary of the 28 July 2016 Kommersant article on Razdan mentioned in Stan Black's post

Data from civilian satellites such as Resurs and Kanonus have already been used to complement information from the Persona satellites during Russia's military campaign in Syria, which has again brought to the foreground the importance of space-based military reconnaissance.

Space based reconnaissance isn't as important when you are free to conduct aircraft based recon, at will, anywhere in the region you are interested in...
Best quote heard during an inspection, "I was unaware that I was the only one who was aware."

Offline Star One

• UK
  • Liked: 3974
  • Likes Given: 220
A quick summary of the 28 July 2016 Kommersant article on Razdan mentioned in Stan Black's post :

Quoting two industry sources and one military source, Kommersant's Ivan Sarfonov says TsSKB/Progress is working on a new generation of digital reconnaissance satellites (14F156/Razdan) that are supposed to replace the Persona satellites. 14F156 is also mentioned in an updated plan of acquisitions that appeared on the Progress website a couple of days ago. It's also known that in July 2015 the company ordered a study to determine among other things how much of the satellite's on-board electronics is foreign-built and how much of the equipment is subject to "export restrictions" (read : components that can no longer be exported to Russia due to the economic sanctions may have to be replaced by Russian-built components and this can lead to delays in the construction of the satellites). 

The first Razdan is tentatively scheduled for launch from Plesetsk in 2019, the second in 2022 and the third in 2024. The third one will be the first to carry a new 2 meter mirror that will be built by the Zverev factory in Krasnogorsk (and not by the LOMO company that built the optics for Persona).

Currently the Russians still have two operational Persona satellites in orbit. If they break down early or if the launch of the first Razdan is delayed, the Russian military will have to rely on data from civilian Earth remote sensing satellites to fill the gap. Data from civilian satellites such as Resurs and Kanonus have already been used to complement information from the Persona satellites during Russia's military campaign in Syria, which has again brought to the foreground the importance of space-based military reconnaissance.

Don't you really need four satellites to have complete Earth coverage?

Offline baldusi

• Buenos Aires, Argentina
  • Liked: 2539
  • Likes Given: 8273
All go into SSO. Up to four you get better revisiting time, but you cover the whole world, eventually.

Offline Star One

• UK
All go into SSO. Up to four you get better revisiting time, but you cover the whole world, eventually.

The KH-11 network up until recently was apparently maintained at four, two east and two west.

Online Targeteer

• near hangar 18
  • Liked: 3364
  • Likes Given: 1138
A quick summary of the 28 July 2016 Kommersant article on Razdan mentioned in Stan Black's post

Data from civilian satellites such as Resurs and Kanonus have already been used to complement information from the Persona satellites during Russia's military campaign in Syria, which has again brought to the foreground the importance of space-based military reconnaissance.

Space based reconnaissance isn't as important when you are free to conduct aircraft based recon, at will, anywhere in the region you are interested in...

https://theaviationist.com/2016/07/31/russias-most-advanced-spyplane-has-deployed-to-syria-again/
Best quote heard during an inspection, "I was unaware that I was the only one who was aware."

Offline baldusi

The KH-11 network up until recently was apparently maintained at four, two east and two west.
The context was theRussian Persona spy satellite. The American Molnyia orbiting sats are a different case

Offline Star One

• UK

The context was theRussian Persona spy satellite. The American Molnyia orbiting sats are a different case

I don't understand your point as far as I am aware Persona is the Russian equivalent to the KH-11, especially as the KH-11 do not occupy Molniya orbits.

Online Alter Sachse

• Near Heidelberg
  • Liked: 1480
  • Likes Given: 1784

I don't understand your point as far as I am aware Persona is the Russian equivalent to the KH-11, especially as the KH-11 do not occupy Molniya orbits.
Typical Persona-Orbit:98,30° 710/730 km
One day you're a hero  next day you're a clown  there's nothing that is in between
        Jeff Lynne - "21century man"

Offline baldusi

The context was the Russian Persona spy satellite. The American Molnyia orbiting sats are a different case

I was slightly confused. But KH-11 use a different SSO than Persona. The Persona orbits are practically circular, while the latest KH-11 are more elliptic. In the Russian case they are pretty much the same in any side of the orbit, but in the American case it is not so.
Please remember that for SSO you always fly around the terminator line. And typical orbit time is less than 2 hrs, normally more like 1hr. For feature analysis, a long shadow is desirable, and so the KH-11 are optimized for a certain apogee. Thus, through each orbit, they will go through a sunrise and a sunset terminator. Again, since their orbits are not circular, they positioned for shadows East or shadows West.
Persona can take pictures on both passes.
The problem with one satellite is that the orbital period and the rotation of the Earth might mean you miss the place you want on a morning or evening. But you get nothing for midnight and noon.

Offline gosnold

• Liked: 243
  • Likes Given: 2116

The context was the Russian Persona spy satellite. The American Molnyia orbiting sats are a different case

I was slightly confused. But KH-11 use a different SSO than Persona. The Persona orbits are practically circular, while the latest KH-11 are more elliptic. In the Russian case they are pretty much the same in any side of the orbit, but in the American case it is not so.
Please remember that for SSO you always fly around the terminator line. And typical orbit time is less than 2 hrs, normally more like 1hr. For feature analysis, a long shadow is desirable, and so the KH-11 are optimized for a certain apogee. Thus, through each orbit, they will go through a sunrise and a sunset terminator. Again, since their orbits are not circular, they positioned for shadows East or shadows West.
Persona can take pictures on both passes.
The problem with one satellite is that the orbital period and the rotation of the Earth might mean you miss the place you want on a morning or evening. But you get nothing for midnight and noon.

You can get something out of a nighttime pass if you have a thermal IR sensor. As for noon, if your satellite is on a SSO orbit it will pass over the equator at a fixed local time, typically around 10:30 for a morning pass (east planes) or 13:30 for an afternoon pass (west planes), for optical satellites. 

At 700km you need 2 satellites to have a 1-day revisit capability with <45° viewing angle.

Offline Stan Black

http://www.glonass-center.ru/aboutIAC/Report%20by%20Kosenko%20Zvonar_3.pdf
Is it possible there are two Nivelir projects?
yes.
Nivelir-ZU (RKTs Progress with NPO Lavochkin) and Nivelir-MNK-OZS (ISS Reshetnev) are the two known projects at this time although a third project via RKK Energia is hinted in documentation from time to time.
http://russianspaceweb.com/napryazhenie.html
Well, you would then talk about six projects, namely:
Nivelir
Nivelir-ZU
Nivelir-L
Nivelir-L-ZU
Nivelir-P
Nivelir-MNK-OZS.
It's too many for me -- I persume there is one or two main project(s) and a lot of subprojects, both listed above and still unknown.
Also, I absolutely don't see any relation between Nivelir-L and Napryazheniye-L projects other than NPP OPTEKS ordered some electronic components for both.

Here is an example of how the various projects can be found associated to one satellite:-
По договорам с ОАО «ИСС» г. Железногорск на СЧ ОКР «Сфера-НК», «Сфера-УКС», «Сфера-УСС», «Сфера-ПКП», «Сфера-АСС», «Сфера-АМС», «Сфера-АПУ» выполнена разработка ЭТП по созданию земных средств связи космической системы 14К044(«Сфера»). В 2013г. разрабатывались и согласовывались технические задания и оформлялись договора для проведения разработки РКД и изготовления опытных образцов семейства станций космической системы «Сфера».
Sfera is the follow on to both Meridian and Raduga communication satellites.
http://www.e-disclosure.ru/portal/FileLoad.ashx?Fileid=925157

Also, another reference to the Nivelir satellite:-
Мы продуктивно сотрудничаем с вами в области создания автономной системы навигации для космических аппаратов, таких как «Арктика-М», «Резонанс», «Нивелир» и других.
https://glavportal.com/spec/80-let-npo-imeni-s-lavochkina/

« Last Edit: 07/02/2017 09:37 am by Stan Black »

Offline Stan Black

On January 16 Stan Black posted some information concerning the Pribor optical system, 14V333.

The satellite is rather reminiscent of Progress representations of the Persona-1/Kvarts satellite, the major difference being that Persona-1 has four sets of solar panels while the new depiction shows two sets.

Sticking my neck out - which I often do and then live to regret it - I wonder if this could be a Persona-2 satellite?

RKTs Progress have ordered two 14В333 from LOMO; to meet their commitments under contract №З/2/1/12-14-ДОГОЗ from 27th August 2014.

Изделие 14В333
ИКШЮ.201219.007 №3
ИКШЮ.201219.007 №4
http://www.zakupki.gov.ru/223/purchase/public/purchase/info/common-info.html?noticeId=2190427

A little bit confused.

Contract №З/2/1/12-14-ДОГОЗ is associated with the Bars-M satellites, article 14Ф148.

So is part with index 14В333 incorrectly associated with Pribor?

«Проведение дополнительных испытаний ЭКБ ОП для комплектации аппаратуры СУ ОТМ и плат управления СФК (ПУ) изделия 14В333 (ШО-5, ШО-6) объекта 14Ф148, включая проведение входного контроля, отбраковочных испытаний, диагностического неразрушающего контроля, разрушающего физического анализа»
https://www.e-disclosure.ru/portal/FileLoad.ashx?Fileid=1353798
https://www.e-disclosure.ru/portal/files.aspx?id=3522&type=2
« Last Edit: 07/14/2017 07:33 pm by Stan Black »

Offline Stan Black

fairing serial is 98 KS 1000-0 Launcher serial is No. 78072003
Payload is called Nivelir-ZU No.1 (14F150)

http://russianspaceweb.com/napryazhenie.html

The Nivelir project reaches launch pad?

The Russian government has released very little information about the upcoming flight, but it appears that it might be carrying the first of several 14F150 Napryazhenie geodetic satellites developed within the Nivelir-ZU project. The Russian word "napryazhenie" stands for voltage, while "nivelir" means level.

‘ZU’ is a component?

From Progress procurement plan of 2013 there are four entries:-
Поставка ЭРИ ОП и ЭРИ ИП в обеспечение комплектования ЗУ ОКР «Нивелир»
Изготовление и поставка модулей ЗУ для изделия 14Ф150 (ОКР «Нивелир-ЗУ»)
Поставка ЭРИ ИП в обеспечение омплектования ЗУ для ЭО КА «Напряжение»
Изготовление и поставка модулей ЗУ для ЭО КА «Напряжение»
ОКР - опытно-конструкторские работы
КА is the abbreviation for satellite.

‘Nivelir-ZU’ is the name of the work, not the satellite?

In 2014:-
Поставка модулей ХП-М, ЦСВВ, ЗУ в обеспечение комплектования ОКР «Нивелир-Л-ЗУ»
Поставка ЭРИ ОП и ЭРИ ИП в обеспечение комплектования ЗУ ОКР «Нивелир»
Поставка ЭРИ ИП в обеспечение комплектования ЗУ для ЭО КА «Напряжение»

From 2015:-
Модули ХП-М, ЦСВВ, ЗУ для изделия КА 14Ф155
Поставка модулей ХП-М, ЗУ, ЦСВВ для образца технологического блока ЗУ для стенда КА 14Ф150

Progress procurement plans can be found here:-
http://www.samspace.ru/zakupki/plany_zakupok/

Further indication Nivelir-L and Napryazhenie-L are different satellites:-
1.3. В целях расширения рынка сбыта выпускаемых приборов проводится согласование
протоколов разрешённого применения на применение приборов на КА «Спектр-РГ», «Нивелир-Л», «Напряжение-Л», «Резонанс», 14Ф01.
http://www.geofizika-cosmos.ru/assets/files/otchyotnost/godovoj-otchet-2013.pdf

Just to confirm Mr. Pillet’s information that 14Ф150 was a payload for a Soyuz rocket, comes from TSENKI procurement plan of 2015:-
Дооборудование СК 17П32-С4 под КА 14Ф150
http://www.zakupki.gov.ru/223/plan/public/download/download.html?id=1677613 http://forum.nasaspaceflight.com/index.php?topic=26990.msg1339253#msg1339253

Also possibly the connection with Lavochkin can be found from this entry in Progress procurement plan:-
Изготовление и поставка модулей ХП-М, ЦСВВ, ЗУ для аппаратуры МКА-ФКИ

As to its function, the only piece of information is this:-
4 ЦНИИ МО РФ совместно с кооперацией подготовлена и представлена заказчику тематическая карточка на проведение базовой НИР «Нивелир-П» в 2014- 2015 годы «Комплексные исследования путей создания многоярусной космиче- ской системы мониторинга геодезических параметров Земли в интересах обеспечения стратегических сил и высокоточного оружия. Экспериментальная отработка ключевых элементов системы».
http://www.glonass-center.ru/aboutIAC/Report%20by%20Kosenko%20Zvonar_3.pdf

Is it possible there are two Nivelir projects?

14Ф155 has liquid rocket engines:-
В настоящее время осуществляю руководство разработки и изготовления ЖРД для КА «Луна-Глоб», «ЭкзоМарс 2020», «14Ф155», «Федерация», «14С022».
https://lobnya.superjob.ru/resume/rukovoditel-proekta-21822178.html

Also Lavochkin are involved:-
1.5. Работа по договору выполняется в рамках контракта
№1623187308641452246000340/672761 между АО «НИИЭМ» и ФГУП «НПО им. С.А. Лавочкина», заключенного во исполнение государственного контракта
№1623187308641452246000340 от 29.09.2016 г. между ФГУП «ЪШО им. С.А. Лавочкина» и МО РФ. Идентификатор государственного контракта
№1623 187308641452246000340.
http://www.zakupki.gov.ru/223/purchase/public/purchase/info/common-info.html?regNumber=31705454915

So is Napryazhenie article 14Ф155?
« Last Edit: 08/26/2017 09:04 am by Stan Black »

Offline input~2

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 1540
  • Likes Given: 567
Another purchase announced by the Russian military is of the Lotos-M reconnaissance satellite, which “will join a constellation working in the interest of the armed forces” and “provide information support for the Navy,” [the deputy Defense Minister] said. The spacecraft may be a new version of the Lotos-S signal intelligence satellite. The Russian military has two of them in orbit now and uses them as part of the Liana system, used by the Russian Navy to detect and target potentially hostile targets.

source

Offline Phillip Clark

• Hastings, England
  • Liked: 557
  • Likes Given: 1078
Is Stan Black suggesting that Napryazhenie article 14Ф155 might be Cosmos 2519 amid all of that confusing cutting and pasting?
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane - WJ.

Tags:

Advertisement NovaTech
Advertisement Northrop Grumman
Advertisement
Advertisement Margaritaville Beach Resort South Padre Island
Advertisement Brady Kenniston
Advertisement NextSpaceflight
Advertisement Nathan Barker Photography