Author Topic: Mobile version of NSF  (Read 32706 times)

Offline Chris Bergin

Re: Mobile version of NSF
« Reply #80 on: 06/03/2017 12:10 PM »
Not sure. I logged in on my iphone 6 in safari without issue. Could be some external tapatalk issue? I did notice that for once I didn't get that annoying "do you want tapatalk" message. If it is, it's to do with tapatalk not us and out of our control.

What I'd say for this thread is anyone having issues, always add their device/OS and Browser - so there's an ability (based on others having the same) to try and duplicate an issue.

Offline russianhalo117

• AR USA / Berlin, DE / Moscow, RF
  • Liked: 573
  • Likes Given: 361
« Reply #81 on: 06/03/2017 07:27 PM »
Not sure. I logged in on my iphone 6 in safari without issue. Could be some external tapatalk issue? I did notice that for once I didn't get that annoying "do you want tapatalk" message. If it is, it's to do with tapatalk not us and out of our control.

What I'd say for this thread is anyone having issues, always add their device/OS and Browser - so there's an ability (based on others having the same) to try and duplicate an issue.
Chris to add: it really helps to also know version and build of device operating system and browser app version because based on experience, versions will display different problems that may not exist on another version.

Offline Tomness

• Into the abyss will I run
  • Liked: 17
  • Likes Given: 96
« Reply #82 on: 06/04/2017 02:29 AM »
No problem,  if this helps any one
Here's yours: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 6.0.1; SAMSUNG-SM-J320A Build/MMB29K) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/58.0.3029.83 Mobile Safari/537.36

Offline Jimmy_C

• Liked: 12
  • Likes Given: 222
« Reply #83 on: 06/04/2017 09:44 AM »
I just got an Android tablet (Galaxy Tab S2 8.0). I noticed the same issue logging in with both Chrome and Samsung's browser. The error message is "Your session timed out while posting. Please go back and try again." The problem happens even with a clean cache and cleared off cookies. I had to request the desktop site to log in. From there, I could switch back to the mobile site.

Offline set321go

• Vancouver, Canada
  • Liked: 1
  • Likes Given: 132
« Reply #84 on: 06/04/2017 03:19 PM »
I'm having the same issue logging in on my mobile. Android 7.1.2 Chrome 58.0.3029.83

I have tried:
1. logging in as normal
2. deleting browser history
3. incognito mode
4. request as desktop site

All of the above fail with the same error reported above.

I have just been to europe and did notice my browse still showing me cookie banners and wondered if that was relevant. I mention this because when I went to bloomberg it took me to the europe subsite even though I am back in canada.

Offline Chris Bergin

« Reply #85 on: 06/04/2017 03:19 PM »
So that's rounding it down to Android/Chrome it seems? All tapatalk, or not, by the way?

I wonder if there's actually anything Mark can do (they always say if you change something it could impact on everyone else).

Good temp solution with the full site and back to mobile. Nicely noted.

And of course we are going to have a new (proper) mobile site before long, which will be beta tested on all devices/OS and browsers.

---

I have made Mark aware in case there is something he can do.

Offline leovinus

• Liked: 15
  • Likes Given: 32
« Reply #86 on: 06/06/2017 03:12 AM »
Good temp solution with the full site and back to mobile. Nicely noted.

Based on discussion with Chris today, I can confirm that works for me as well.

Maybe I am just dense but it took me a while to figure out how to go back to "mobile theme" from the full site. Therefore, in case it helps someone else who is stuck with this, here are the more detailed steps. If it is obvious to you then just ignore this post please.

Issue: Using the mobile theme on your phone and on login, you see
> An Error has occured! Your session timed out while posting. Please go back and try again.

Steps:
- on the mobile themed error page, select the "full site" button, lower right, to go to "full site"
- select "login" on the full site,  and login as usual. It is option #5, row #2 from the top.
- I did confirm the "this site uses cookies" popup as well.
- after login, go to forum home page again
- scroll down to the very bottom and look for the very very last line on the page.
- in tiny tiny letters, it says "mobile" as 3rd link.
- select the "mobile" and voila, you are in the mobile theme again, logged in and ready to go!

Offline Chris Bergin

« Reply #87 on: 06/06/2017 05:57 PM »
OK, Mark's done some coding. Can you all check it's back to normal mobile log in for all?

Offline mn

• United States
  • Liked: 82
  • Likes Given: 27
« Reply #88 on: 06/06/2017 07:28 PM »
I can confirm that logging in works from the mobile page now.

Offline Tomness

• Into the abyss will I run
  • Liked: 17
  • Likes Given: 96
« Reply #89 on: 06/06/2017 07:57 PM »
OK, Mark's done some coding. Can you all check it's back to normal mobile log in for all?

It now works now, thanks Mark & Chris

Offline GWH

« Reply #90 on: 06/24/2017 10:04 PM »
Question: when I use the in browser feature  (white blue and grey interface) it suffers from this feature where when typing long messages it scrolls back up to the top of message EVERY key I press. Is there a way to disable this? Would happily not use tapatalk if there was a way around this.

Online mtakala24

« Reply #91 on: 06/25/2017 12:18 AM »
Tested that on my phone, Android 7.something,latest Opera and Chrome. Couldn't make that happen. How long message would it have to be?

Offline GWH

« Reply #92 on: 06/25/2017 12:34 AM »
Enough to take up the entire region above the keyboard, like what you would see with a few nested quotes.
I'm on a Samaung Galaxy S5 Neo with Android 6.0.1. Chrome 58.0.3029.83

Tags: