Author Topic: New NSF Feedback Thread  (Read 375369 times)

Offline NSF Webmaster

• Administrator
  • Almere, The Netherlands
    • NASASpaceFlight.com
  • Liked: 219
  • Likes Given: 19
Re: New NSF Feedback Thread
« Reply #520 on: 08/05/2015 09:07 pm »
I just disabled the display of the likes per post, but the functionality is still active (only the likes are not displayed below every post at this time). This version is causing some unwanted performance hit on the forum. I'm investigating and hopefully fixing this today.

Until then.. keep liking! (the likes are still stored and will be displayed when this issue is fixed)

Offline nadreck

« Reply #521 on: 08/05/2015 09:17 pm »
I just disabled the display of the likes per post, but the functionality is still active (only the likes are not displayed below every post at this time). This version is causing some unwanted performance hit on the forum. I'm investigating and hopefully fixing this today.

Until then.. keep liking! (the likes are still stored and will be displayed when this issue is fixed)

As a note, in the options you turned on and off today you added a category of posts to the "show posts" option on profiles called "likes given" this shows the posts that an individual poster has clicked "like" on. There has long been the option "Liked" to show which of your own posts has garnered "likes" but it never worked it showed the same list as the "message" option.  Oh and it ("likes given") took a good 2 minutes to pull up the first page of the list of posts that Chris Bergin "liked" I kinda imagine that it is a bit of a performance hit there. Since the likes bar disappeared and other new features disappeared I am wondering if you left "likes given" turned on by accident
« Last Edit: 08/05/2015 09:18 pm by nadreck »
It is all well and good to quote those things that made it past your confirmation bias that other people wrote, but this is a discussion board damnit! Let us know what you think! And why!

Offline NSF Webmaster

• Administrator
    • NASASpaceFlight.com
« Reply #522 on: 08/05/2015 09:20 pm »

As a note, in the options you turned on and off today you added a category of posts to the "show posts" option on profiles called "likes given" this shows the posts that an individual poster has clicked "like" on. There has long been the option "Liked" to show which of your own posts has garnered "likes" but it never worked it showed the same list as the "message" option.  Oh and it ("likes given") took a good 2 minutes to pull up the first page of the list of posts that Chris Bergin "liked" I kinda imagine that it is a bit of a performance hit there. Since the likes bar disappeared and other new features disappeared I am wondering if you left "likes given" turned on by accident

Hi, thanks for mentioning that but this version of the mod has a lot of options on what to display "where" . The likes & likes given on the profile page are not that big of a performance hit. The main issue was/is on displaying the actual users below each post. I have put a fix in place and will monitor the performance but all should be fine again from now on.

Mark

Offline the_other_Doug

• Minneapolis, MN
  • Liked: 2191
  • Likes Given: 4620
« Reply #523 on: 08/05/2015 11:04 pm »
Kewl.  To be honest, I'd rather see the text editing buttons and the smiley buttons fixed, though.  I mean, while you're upgrading the forum software and all...
-Doug  (With my shield, not yet upon it)

Offline Star One

• UK
  • Liked: 3974
  • Likes Given: 220
« Reply #524 on: 08/06/2015 06:21 am »

Ugh.  What's up with the red hearts for "like"?  It feels too much like a Hello Kitty fan forum.  Can we go back to the thumbs up?

Careful now Pluto could take exception to you disrespecting hearts.;)

Offline ClaytonBirchenough

• ~ 1 AU
  • Liked: 34
  • Likes Given: 348
« Reply #525 on: 08/06/2015 02:08 pm »
Just a heads up, when you click show posts with "liked" and "likes given" on your profile, the "liked" filter doesn't work. And when you select "likes given", the amount of likes the post you liked has the amount of likes shown twice. Not sure if that made sense haha. Anyway, just a heads up, it doesn't really bother me.
Clayton Birchenough

Online Chris Bergin

« Reply #526 on: 08/06/2015 03:18 pm »
Just a heads up, when you click show posts with "liked" and "likes given" on your profile, the "liked" filter doesn't work. And when you select "likes given", the amount of likes the post you liked has the amount of likes shown twice. Not sure if that made sense haha. Anyway, just a heads up, it doesn't really bother me.

You may need to explain that again! :)

One cool thing I've noticed is the new likes show the full list of people who've liked your post. Before it was:

"Bob, Billy and 12 others have liked" or something. You'd have to refresh to see other names in those first two fields. Now the "and 12 others" is clickable and you see the full list. That's nice.
« Last Edit: 08/06/2015 03:18 pm by Chris Bergin »
Support NSF via L2 -- Help improve NSF -- Site Rules/Feedback/Updates
**Not a L2 member? Whitelist this forum in your adblocker to support the site and ensure full functionality.**

• ~ 1 AU
« Reply #527 on: 08/06/2015 03:39 pm »
Haha ok.

When I go profile > profile info > show posts > liked, I don't get posts of mine that have been liked, I get all my posts. Maybe I'm missing something...?
Clayton Birchenough

Offline nadreck

« Reply #528 on: 08/06/2015 05:24 pm »
Haha ok.

When I go profile > profile info > show posts > liked, I don't get posts of mine that have been liked, I get all my posts. Maybe I'm missing something...?

In a PM to me NSF Webmaster indicated he would look into this on the weekend
It is all well and good to quote those things that made it past your confirmation bias that other people wrote, but this is a discussion board damnit! Let us know what you think! And why!

Offline QuantumG

• Australia
  • Liked: 4477
  • Likes Given: 1108
« Reply #529 on: 08/06/2015 10:02 pm »
The "Likes Given" is awesome. That's exactly what I was hoping would be possible when the Like feature was added.
Human spaceflight is basically just LARPing now.

• ~ 1 AU
« Reply #530 on: 08/06/2015 11:10 pm »
Haha ok.

In a PM to me NSF Webmaster indicated he would look into this on the weekend

Alright, thanks!

Again, it doesn't bother me, just though I'd help and point it out.
Clayton Birchenough

Offline Eagandale4114

• Liked: 541
  • Likes Given: 500
« Reply #531 on: 08/07/2015 08:37 pm »

You may need to explain that again! :)

One cool thing I've noticed is the new likes show the full list of people who've liked your post. Before it was:

"Bob, Billy and 12 others have liked" or something. You'd have to refresh to see other names in those first two fields. Now the "and 12 others" is clickable and you see the full list. That's nice.

So I've found a bug here:

Description: When expanding the list of likes for a post, the background for NSF turns white and remains white after dismissing the popup containing the expanded list.

Screenshots: Ive attached 3 screenshots. The first one right as I load the page. The second one is when I click on a post that has multiple likes. The third is what my screen looks like after dismissing the popup.

Browser/OS: Bug reproduced with 100% accuracy on Safari 8.0.7 and Firefox 39.0.3 for Mac OS X 10.10.4

BUG 2 (Independent of the first one):

Description: The options for a post (the rows above the text box when replying to a person) as shown in screenshot 4, do nothing.

Browser / OS: 100% reproduction rate on Safari 8.0.7 for Mac OS X 10.10.4

Online Chris Bergin

« Reply #532 on: 08/07/2015 09:44 pm »
Bug 2 is mentioned a page or so ago.

Bug 1 - funky. Did it once on my PC (not one of those OS things....had an Apple once, hated it with a passion, nearly threw it out of the window. Booo Steve Jobs!! ;D) but refreshing sorted it out. I assume it goes away for you if you refresh.

Ironically I kinda like that border...but yeah, that's not intentional - and Mark hasn't finished playing with the likes yet.
« Last Edit: 08/07/2015 09:45 pm by Chris Bergin »
**Not a L2 member? Whitelist this forum in your adblocker to support the site and ensure full functionality.**

Offline NSF Webmaster

• Administrator
    • NASASpaceFlight.com
« Reply #533 on: 08/17/2015 07:16 pm »

Bug 1 - funky. Did it once on my PC (not one of those OS things....had an Apple once, hated it with a passion, nearly threw it out of the window. Booo Steve Jobs!! ;D) but refreshing sorted it out. I assume it goes away for you if you refresh.

Ironically I kinda like that border...but yeah, that's not intentional - and Mark hasn't finished playing with the likes yet.

Just a heads up: I'm fixing the Likes display and some other things as we speak. The ' Likes ' might show up a bit weird in the next 10 minutes. Please refresh your page if that's the case.

Mark

Offline russianhalo117

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 4672
  • Likes Given: 768
« Reply #534 on: 08/17/2015 07:36 pm »
I borrowed the screen shot

None of these work in Chrome for me anymore since my browser auto updated itself to Version 44.0.2403.155 (64-bit) on Mac OSX Version 10.10.4 (Build 14E46) (64bit)

You can click on the buttons but they no longer work in my posts

EDIT: Currently Installing the 10.10.5 update which fixes some related issues. Ill reply what happens.
« Last Edit: 08/17/2015 08:42 pm by russianhalo117 »

Offline catdlr

• Enthusiast since the Redstones
  • Marina del Rey, California, USA
  • Liked: 8785
  • Likes Given: 7815
« Reply #535 on: 08/17/2015 08:04 pm »
I borrowed the screen shot

None of these work in Chrome for me anymore since my browser auto updated itself to Version 44.0.2403.155 (64-bit) on Mac OSX Version 10.10.4 (Build 14E46) (64bit)

You can click on the buttons but they no longer work in my posts

EDIT: Currently Installing the 10.10.5 update which fixes some related issues. Ill post what happens.

Already noted here: http://forum.nasaspaceflight.com/index.php?topic=32793.msg1392147#msg1392147
Tony De La Rosa, ...I'm no Feline Dealer!! I move mountains.  but I'm better known for "I think it's highly sexual." Japanese to English Translation.

Online Chris Bergin

« Reply #536 on: 08/17/2015 08:07 pm »
Looks like Mark fixed the internet on the likes ;D

Offline NSF Webmaster

• Administrator
    • NASASpaceFlight.com
« Reply #537 on: 08/17/2015 08:18 pm »
Looks like Mark fixed the internet on the likes ;D

Yes, if you notice something off, please let me know. Now looking into the malfuctioning button bar in the post editor...

Online Chris Bergin

« Reply #538 on: 08/17/2015 08:22 pm »
If I was being petty, the profiles show:

Liked: 47 (0.180 per post)

I'm guessing the second one should be "Likes Given"

Offline NSF Webmaster

• Administrator
    • NASASpaceFlight.com
« Reply #539 on: 08/17/2015 08:26 pm »
If I was being petty, the profiles show:

I'm guessing the second one should be "Likes Given"