Author Topic: Name Node 3?  (Read 40266 times)

Offline aurora899

• Oxford, UK
  • Liked: 25
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: Name Node 3?
« Reply #100 on: 08/28/2009 04:52 pm »
Slightly off topic but I have I missed the joke with this Colbert guy? Who exactly is he - a comedian or chat show host or something? I'd assumed that he was relatively unknown on my side of the Atlantic but (rather worryingly) several other UK posters to this thread seem to be aware of him!

Offline robertross

• Canadian Member
  • Westphal, Nova Scotia
  • Liked: 659
  • Likes Given: 7692
« Reply #101 on: 08/28/2009 09:05 pm »
Slightly off topic but I have I missed the joke with this Colbert guy? Who exactly is he - a comedian or chat show host or something? I'd assumed that he was relatively unknown on my side of the Atlantic but (rather worryingly) several other UK posters to this thread seem to be aware of him!

He's a late night comedian who's VERY politically oriented. He jumps on a few bandwagons and makes the most of it. He has about as straight a face as Rowan Atkinson had on Black Adder. Love him, hate him...everyone has a position. He's on after the Daily Show with Jon Stewart.

http://www.thedailyshow.com/

Offline psloss

• Veteran armchair spectator
  • Liked: 4047
  • Likes Given: 2089
« Reply #102 on: 08/28/2009 10:04 pm »
Look him up on Wikipedia.  He's been around for a while, though not in as  polarizing (or as notable) a way until the Daily Show became more politically oriented.  (In case anyone remembers when Craig Kilborn was host.)

Tags:

Advertisement NovaTech
Advertisement Northrop Grumman
Advertisement
Advertisement Margaritaville Beach Resort South Padre Island
Advertisement Brady Kenniston
Advertisement NextSpaceflight
Advertisement Nathan Barker Photography