Author Topic: LIVE: Proton-M/Briz-M – Luch-5V/KazSat-3 – April 28, 2014 - 04:25 UTC  (Read 64056 times)

Online Galactic Penguin SST

Astronomy & spaceflight geek penguin. In a relationship w/ Space Shuttle Discovery. Current Priority: Chasing the Chinese Spaceflight Wonder Egg & A Certain Chinese Mars Rover

Online Satori

• Global Moderator
  • Campo do Ger๊s - Portugal
  • Liked: 1969
  • Likes Given: 1156
From the previous video we can see that the long serial number of this launcher is 6304287975.

Offline siweifdu

• Shanghai, China
  • Liked: 1
  • Likes Given: 10
Hi, everyone. I've got a few new questions about the launch.

1. In the mission document provided by federal space agency in http://www.mcc.rsa.ru/luch_5v.htm, there is a parameter concerning Luch-5V, which is Количество антенн модуля целевой аппаратуры (МЦА) : 9. Could anyone familiar with Russian provide an explanation of this?

2. In the ensuing launch timeline of the webpage, the auxiliary propellent tank of Briz-M is jettisoned after the 2nd burn with 3 burns left. I remember that in a typical 5-burn mission, the APT is jettisoned after the 3rd burn with ~10 min burn time left, like the Turksat-4A mission. So does anyone have an idea of the underlying reason for this?

3. Sorry to bring up the question again. Is this launch using Phase IV or Phase III Proton-M/Briz-M, as the current information seems confusing. Could anyone provide some information sources.

Thanks very much and looking forward to the answer :-)

Offline anik

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 955
  • Likes Given: 368
1. In the mission document provided by federal space agency in http://www.mcc.rsa.ru/luch_5v.htm, there is a parameter concerning Luch-5V, which is Количество антенн модуля целевой аппаратуры (МЦА) : 9. Could anyone familiar with Russian provide an explanation of this?

Quantity of antennas of satellite payload.

2. In the ensuing launch timeline of the webpage, the auxiliary propellent tank of Briz-M is jettisoned after the 2nd burn with 3 burns left. I remember that in a typical 5-burn mission, the APT is jettisoned after the 3rd burn with ~10 min burn time left, like the Turksat-4A mission. So does anyone have an idea of the underlying reason for this?

It is mistake - DTB separation will be after Briz-M third burn.
« Last Edit: 05/08/2014 08:57 pm by anik »

Offline siweifdu

• Shanghai, China
  • Liked: 1
  • Likes Given: 10

It is mistake - DTB separation will be at 08:23:01 UTC after Briz-M third burn.

Many thanks, anik!

Online Satori

• Global Moderator
Moved for live coverage...

Webcast will be available at http://www.tsenki.com/broadcast/broadcast/

Offline Prober

• Save the spin....I'm keeping you honest!
  • Nevada
  • Liked: 721
  • Likes Given: 729

Anik will Luch now operate to give the ISS communication without many the dark areas we now have?
2017 - Everything Old is New Again.
"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant..." --Isoroku Yamamoto

Online owais.usmani

• Liked: 368
  • Likes Given: 582
So this is the first ever launch of Proton-M phase IV version right?

3. Sorry to bring up the question again. Is this launch using Phase IV or Phase III Proton-M/Briz-M, as the current information seems confusing. Could anyone provide some information sources.

So nobody knows?  :-\

Online Satori

• Global Moderator
So this is the first ever launch of Proton-M phase IV version right?

So nobody knows?  :-\

Yes, this is the first Proton-M Phase IV.

Goooood mooooooorning.........  8)
Astronomy & spaceflight geek penguin. In a relationship w/ Space Shuttle Discovery. Current Priority: Chasing the Chinese Spaceflight Wonder Egg & A Certain Chinese Mars Rover

Offline Targeteer

• near hangar 18
  • Liked: 3364
  • Likes Given: 1139

Anik will Luch now operate to give the ISS communication without many the dark areas we now have?

Many dark areas?  TDRS covers 100% of the ISS orbit (with TDRS-Z) but there are LOS periods--apparently due to conflicts with other users, station structure blockages, etc.  The dark areas Luch will fill are from Russian ground stations--once the hardware to broadcast to the satellites is launched and installed later this year according to info elsewhere on this site.
Best quote heard during an inspection, "I was unaware that I was the only one who was aware."

The service tower is about to move over....
« Last Edit: 04/28/2014 02:21 am by Galactic Penguin SST »

Offline Artyom.

• Liked: 1416
  • Likes Given: 135
Service tower moving away....

Offline Prober

• Save the spin....I'm keeping you honest!
  • Nevada
  • Liked: 721
  • Likes Given: 729
n
2017 - Everything Old is New Again.
"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant..." --Isoroku Yamamoto

Offline Artyom.

Offline Artyom.