Author Topic: "Energia in the first decade of the XXI century" - new book  (Read 14403 times)

Offline Danderman

• Extreme Veteran
  • Liked: 699
  • Likes Given: 723
http://www.energia.ru/en/news/news-2011/news_08-25.html

"Book S.P. Korolev Rocket & Space Corporation Energia in the first decade of the XXI century came off the press. It is volume III of the Corporation history Editor-in-chief is V.A. Lopota.

In the book pages a ten-year period of the Corporation activities in the field of manned, automatic and rocket-space complexes and systems, international activity, advanced technologies and other things are presented.

In chapter Manned space complexes and systems data is given on construction and operation of the International Space Station Russian Segment, its logistics support, experiments and research program implementation, phases and results of the advanced reused manned spacecraft development.

The next chapter acquaints readers with automatic space systems including Yamal-100, Yamal-200, Yamal-300, BelKA, Smotr, Spektr-RG, Passat, heavy communication satellites, etc.

Further Rocket-Space Complexes: Sea Launch, Land Launch, superlight class complex and DM-type Upper Stages are described.

In chapter International activity the issues of cooperation with foreign partners when implementing the International Space Station, ATV, Sea Launch programs are considered.

Hydrogen technologies and prosthetic aids complex are examined in chapter Use of space technologies.

Section Performing tasks of the XXI century using space technologies is of an indubitable readers' interest where the urgent problems of modern cosmonautics are interpreted and the latest progressive developments of the Corporation are demonstrated.

Separate chapters are devoted to the Corporation subsidiary enterprises; issues of construction, social development, medicine and trade; personnel problems, activity of the enterprise as a joint-stock company; information activity.

Besides in the book there is the detailed data on launches of the Soyuz and Progress vehicles of different modifications and spacecraft using Upper Stages DM, history of flights to the International Space Station is given, as well as data on souvenir products manufactured by the Corporation is presented.

The book appearance coincided with the 65-th anniversary of the Corporation establishment and the 50 years of the manned cosmonautics. It is the fruit of the joint activities of a large creative group of authors, editors, proof-readers, designers, pagemakers. The educational and fascinating book which undoubtedly will attract attention of a wide circle of readers is the result of their fruitful work.

The book is printed in 5000 copies, its volume is 832 pages."

In view of numerous inquiries about the possibility of buying the above book, pleased be advised that it can only be bought in the kiosk of our company's museum (by cash for individuals and by fund transfer for corporate entities) at the price of 1300 rubles.

In the same place you can also buy the following books:

"The Moon as a step towards technologies for developing Solar System resources" at the price of 1 200 rubles.
    "The Rocket and Space Corporation at the turn of the century" at the price of 1 200 rubles.

To make inquiries, call 513-89-95.

Offline fregate

• Space Association of Australia
  • Melbourne Australia
  • Liked: 144
  • Likes Given: 14
Does anybody need an ebook (DJVU file)?
"Selene, the Moon. Selenginsk, an old town in Siberia: moon-rocket  town" Vladimir Nabokov

Offline Danderman

• Extreme Veteran
Does anybody need an ebook (DJVU file)?

Yes, and the last one, too!
« Last Edit: 03/06/2013 12:04 am by Danderman »

Offline asmi

• Ontario, Canada
  • Liked: 170
  • Likes Given: 128
yea I would like to have one too!

Online ace5

• Liked: 185
  • Likes Given: 62
I would like an ebook too. I think the 5000 copies will be sold out quickly.

Offline baldusi

• Buenos Aires, Argentina
  • Liked: 2539
  • Likes Given: 8273
I want one, please!

Offline fregate

• Melbourne Australia
We all should be grateful to user Lin from NK forum, who published those links:
By popular demand ;D
History of Rocket & Space Corporation ENERGIA from 1946 till 2011. Three volumes in electronic format: 
Vol. 1 1946-1996 (The Hlynin Library) – A classic  "must read book" for every "Space Cadet" (on-line version, unfortunately not 100% complete  :();

Vol. 2 1996-2001 (.djvu ebook) From SSTO project to real Soyuz-TMA spacecraft.

Vol. 3 2001-2011 (.djvu ebook) XXI century - Kliper project, ISS Russian Segment and New Generation manned spacecraft.   

All of them in RUSSIAN, not sure if those books had been translated in English.  ::)
« Last Edit: 03/06/2013 02:27 am by fregate »
"Selene, the Moon. Selenginsk, an old town in Siberia: moon-rocket  town" Vladimir Nabokov

Offline asmi

• Ontario, Canada
  • Liked: 170
  • Likes Given: 128
Thank you very much!!!
All of them in RUSSIAN, not sure if those books had been translated in English.  ::)
That's good enough for me - I know Russian language.

Offline Prober

• Save the spin....I'm keeping you honest!
  • Nevada
  • Liked: 721
  • Likes Given: 729
Thank you very much!!!

thx for the sources, confused is Vol1 available in ebook format?

2017 - Everything Old is New Again.
"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant..." --Isoroku Yamamoto

Offline Danderman

• Extreme Veteran
A wonderful find.

It will take a long time to digest the 800 pages of the new book.

Offline fregate

• Melbourne Australia
Re: "Energia in the first decade of the XXI century" - new book
« Reply #10 on: 03/06/2013 11:19 pm »
Thank you very much!!!

thx for the sources, confused is Vol1 available in ebook format?

AFAIK - archived HTML pages (33 MB) are here.
« Last Edit: 03/06/2013 11:37 pm by fregate »

Offline Danderman

• Extreme Veteran
« Reply #11 on: 03/07/2013 04:08 am »

"File not found' is what I get.

If you are unfortunate enough to click on one of those huge "download now" links, you will find some unusual software on your computer.

Offline owais.usmani

• Liked: 368
  • Likes Given: 582
« Reply #12 on: 03/07/2013 04:47 am »

If you are unfortunate enough to click on one of those huge "download now" links, you will find some unusual software on your computer.

I have successfully downloaded it & viewing it right now. You must have clicked on some wrong link.

Offline Danderman

• Extreme Veteran
« Reply #13 on: 03/07/2013 04:52 am »

I have successfully downloaded it & viewing it right now. You must have clicked on some wrong link.

The site provides 2 words that you need to input, and then click on "done". Then what you see are the words "Please wait, there is a file search...   ", followed by the words "file not found". They allow you to search the mirrors for the file, but it doesn't produce any results.

Offline Hyperion5

• Liked: 1373
  • Likes Given: 302
« Reply #14 on: 03/07/2013 05:02 am »
Thank you very much!!!

Sounds like the race is on.  I can see it now.  "Who will post the first review of the book, asmi, fregate, anik or someone else?  Stay tuned to this thread to find out!"  Seriously, I'll give props to anyone who can digest 800 pages and produce a decent review.  Now then, who wants at it?   ;D

Online Nicolas PILLET

• Gien, France
    • Kosmonavtika
  • Liked: 670
  • Likes Given: 134
« Reply #15 on: 03/07/2013 05:38 am »
I have this book in paper edition since 2011. I can confirm it is full of extraordinary informations, but it is very difficult to read "in a row"... :-)
Nicolas PILLET
Kosmonavtika : The French site on Russian Space

Offline fregate

• Melbourne Australia
« Reply #16 on: 03/07/2013 10:45 pm »

My apologies - next time I will upload file to my cloud storage and give you a SINGLE link.
Sites like LETITBIT get their revenue when un-suspected users click on wrong links, I used this service for a quite long time, so I knew my way around those "Easter eggs" ;)

Offline fregate

• Melbourne Australia
« Reply #17 on: 03/08/2013 03:43 am »
Thank you very much!!!

Sounds like the race is on.  I can see it now.  "Who will post the first review of the book, asmi, fregate, anik or someone else?  Stay tuned to this thread to find out!"  Seriously, I'll give props to anyone who can digest 800 pages and produce a decent review.  Now then, who wants at it?   ;D
Phillip, Why bother? Considering my hate of Propaganda aka PR "creative writing"  ;D

Vol.1 Notes from the Publisher
First Edition of RSC Energia named after S.P.Korolev history had been published just in  time for 50th Anniversary of Corporation.
Chief Editor - Yu.P. Semenov. Book present a brief historical description of the 50 years of hard work that transformed Department 3 of NII-8
(Scientific & Research Institute) into the leading Space & Rocket enterprise - Rocket & Space Corporation Energia. Book is telling the story
about creative achievements and hardships, about creation of dedicated team of high-level professionals, scientists, engineers, workers -
all the people who made space exploration actually happened.   
A lot of information in the book had been brought by direct participants of those historical events, publishers used photographs from
Corporation archives, media from ITAR-TASS, NASA, Boeing Corporation, Reuters news agency as well as from staff personal archives.
Lin's (user from NK forum who shared with us those book) comment - "an excellent book, a natural companion to Chertok memoirs and International Manned Cosmonautics book!"   

Offline fregate

• Melbourne Australia
« Reply #18 on: 03/17/2013 11:52 pm »
Second volume describes history and development prospects of one of the biggest space industry enterprises and covers period from 1996 till 2001. Book quite in-depth represents facts and events that took place during those five years and provides official documents that reflect contradictions of so called post-perestroika period in the country.  Book describes how continuous collapse of the Russian rocket and space industry made a huge impact on all activities across a corporation. 

Offline Jim

• Night Gator
  • Cape Canaveral Spaceport
  • Liked: 21451
  • Likes Given: 428
« Reply #19 on: 03/17/2013 11:56 pm »

My apologies - next time I will upload file to my cloud storage and give you a SINGLE link.
Sites like LETITBIT get their revenue when un-suspected users click on wrong links, I used this service for a quite long time, so I knew my way around those "Easter eggs" ;)

Have you done that?

Tags:

Advertisement NovaTech
Advertisement Northrop Grumman
Advertisement
Advertisement Margaritaville Beach Resort South Padre Island
Advertisement Brady Kenniston
Advertisement NextSpaceflight
Advertisement Nathan Barker Photography