Author Topic: Kuaizhou-1A launch with several sats - JSLC - January 9, 2017 (04:11 UTC)  (Read 26743 times)

Offline gosnold

• Liked: 243
  • Likes Given: 2116
From what I gather from CCTV the main paylod was Jilin-1 (03). I think that's strange since Jilin-1 (01) was launched on a CZ-2D and there does not seem to be a  Jilin-1 (02). Plus Jilin-1 (01) seemd too heavy to be launched on a KZ-1A.
Any idea on what Jilin-1 (03) really is? Gunter's space page has is as http://space.skyrocket.de/doc_sdat/lingqiao.htm

Offline edkyle99

• Expert
    • Space Launch Report
  • Liked: 8566
  • Likes Given: 1356
From the Users Guide, the N2O4/MMH bipropellant fourth stage "Propulsion Control Module" appears to perform an initial separation burn from the third stage, followed by a several minute coast and, finally, a 5 to 6 minute long insertion burn for 700 km SSO missions.  At 0.4 g maximum acceleration, I would guess that the propulsion system provides 100 to 200 kgf thrust.  The module also appears to provide pitch/yaw/roll control during Stage 2 and 3 phases, including coast.

Any information on the solid motor stage thrusts?

- Ed Kyle
try page 17 Table 2.1 in the L2 posted KZ1A UG
That chart gives "Impulse" in "Newton-seconds per Kilogram".  This should be specific impulse when divided by 9.81 m/sec^2 rather than thrust in Newtons.  Or am I off-base?

- Ed Kyle
« Last Edit: 01/09/2017 06:34 pm by edkyle99 »

Online Galactic Penguin SST

From what I gather from CCTV the main paylod was Jilin-1 (03). I think that's strange since Jilin-1 (01) was launched on a CZ-2D and there does not seem to be a  Jilin-1 (02). Plus Jilin-1 (01) seemd too heavy to be launched on a KZ-1A.
Any idea on what Jilin-1 (03) really is? Gunter's space page has is as http://space.skyrocket.de/doc_sdat/lingqiao.htm

There were 4 satellites in the October 2015 launch. 2 of the 3 secondary payloads (not the main sat) are for video shooting with 1.3 m resolution. The main satellite on this flight follows these 2.
Astronomy & spaceflight geek penguin. In a relationship w/ Space Shuttle Discovery. Current Priority: Chasing the Chinese Spaceflight Wonder Egg & A Certain Chinese Mars Rover

Offline ืnewsman

• Thailand
  • Liked: 5
  • Likes Given: 16
Presentation to member of the media, of the first picture from the Jilin Linye-1 (JL-1) satellite launched yesterday by KZ-1A.

Offline ืnewsman

• Thailand

Offline ืnewsman

• Thailand
2017年1月10日,吉林一号视频3星首次拍摄中国境内,邂逅迷人丽江。上图为视频3星全画幅影像,其幅宽为11kmX4.5km。
Picture released from Jilin Linye-1 (JLVS-3, Jilin video satellite 3) satellite taken on 10th Jan, showing Lijiang, Yunnan province. Dimension is 11kmX4.5km.

Offline ืnewsman

• Thailand
KZ-11 under 10000USD/kg. 9000USD/kg? 8000USD/kg??

Offline ืnewsman

• Thailand

Offline ืnewsman

• Thailand

Offline ืnewsman

• Thailand
KZ-21 and KZ-31

Offline ืnewsman

• Thailand
Kuaizhou series are for commercial launches, the cost of which is over 20000 USD per kilo now with KZ-1A.

CASIC aims to bring the cost down to 10000USD/kg with KZ-11 of which the maiden flight is expected end of this year.

By 2025 and with KZ-21, the cost per kilo will see a further cut to 1000 USD.

CASIC's ultimate goal is a few hundreds USD per kilo.

Offline chewi

• Liked: 59
  • Likes Given: 12
XingYun Shiyan-1 (XY-S1) / 行云试验一号

http://mp.weixin.qq.com/s/bLLyeUza1XomdqNPwnLdEw

Offline Skyrocket

• Extreme Veteran
  • Frankfurt am Main, Germany
  • Liked: 940
  • Likes Given: 172

Tags: Kuaizhou-1A 

Advertisement NovaTech