Author Topic: LIVE: Shenzhou 9 (SZ-9), Long March 2F/G (CZ-2F/G) - Jiuquan - June 16, 2012  (Read 695854 times)

Offline wechose

• Liked: 0
  • Likes Given: 0
Hi guys and gals,while things are quiet on the update thread,any news as to if the times estimated here will come to pass?
I am hanging around now that I have a bit of spare time.
anyone know if CCTV will cover it live?
UTC time would be the ideal as it does not cause any petty squabbling between Nations. :)

Thank you all so much in advance.
According to this Chinese report:
http://news.china.com.cn/zhuanti/szjh/2012-06/27/content_25745539.htm
the astronauts will return on the morning of June 29, and CCTV will cover it live from Beijing Aerospace Command and Control Center with commentary by Sun Wei, senior engineer of the Beijing Institute of Tracking and Telecommunications Technology. China time is 8 hours ahead of UTC.
Again much appreciated mate,thanks so much. :)
I should ask has undocking taken place or what do posters think,will it be like a Soyuz,that is will they be able to undock and land within hours?
still miss the shuttles,they may have had faults but the crew never had to undock and hard land with almost no margin to check the systems out. ;D
« Last Edit: 06/28/2012 12:33 am by wechose »
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."
George Santayana.

Offline Galactic Penguin SST

Latest news: Liu Wang is in the controls as Shenzhou 9 prepares to undock from Tiangong 1. (source: http://www.9ifly.cn/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=9648&pid=207024&fromuid=19646)

Edit: Confirmed separation
« Last Edit: 06/28/2012 01:30 am by Galactic Penguin SST »
Astronomy & spaceflight geek penguin. In a relationship w/ Space Shuttle Discovery. Current Priority: Chasing the Chinese Spaceflight Wonder Egg & A Certain Chinese Mars Rover

Offline Mapperuo

• Assistant Webmaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Yorkshire
  • Liked: 533
  • Likes Given: 68
English CCTV News simply said it undocked, no video sadly.
- Aaron

Offline shuttlefan

• Liked: 13
  • Likes Given: 4
They aren't landing in a few hours are they? Because they undocked.

They aren't landing in a few hours are they? Because they undocked.

Nope, they seems to be following the Shenzhou 8 procedures of landing 25 hours after undocking: at around 02:00 UTC tomorrow. See the air space closure notices several posts above.
Astronomy & spaceflight geek penguin. In a relationship w/ Space Shuttle Discovery. Current Priority: Chasing the Chinese Spaceflight Wonder Egg & A Certain Chinese Mars Rover

Offline wechose

English CCTV News simply said it undocked, no video sadly.

Thanks for update Mapperuo, for what it is worth even though China has allowed much live coverage for parts of a mission,they tend to time delay anything on its first test in case of disaster.
not to stray off topic too much but I think NASA also built in a short time delay after Challenger,after all when a crew is lost,the first to know should be their Family.

Really sad that almost every schoolkid were watching Challenger,some of them never recovered,I will leave it there except to say that a time delay is no harm in some circumstances.
cheers
George Santayana.

Offline wechose

Video of hatch closure at 22:37 UTC yesterday: http://news.cntv.cn/china/20120628/104467.shtml

Nice one GP,I always think that lovers of spaceflight see beyond borders and politics,rather they see the big picture,thank you for that. :)
George Santayana.

Offline Mapperuo

• Assistant Webmaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Yorkshire
CCTV English just ran a short report with video now, couple screenshots from it.
- Aaron

Offline jcm

• Jonathan McDowell
  • Somerville, Massachusetts, USA
    • Jonathan's Space Report
  • Liked: 1290
  • Likes Given: 775
-----------------------------

Jonathan McDowell
http://planet4589.org

Offline EdT

Re-entry has been confirmed to be Friday morning 10:00hrs Beijing time !  I am sure it will be covered live on state television being the first female Taikonaut and all !

BEIJING, June 28 (Xinhua) -- Shenzhou-9 manned spacecraft will return to the Earth around 10 a.m. Friday, a spokesperson of China's manned space program announced here Thursday.

Shenzhou-9 spacecraft and Tiangong-1 lab module has been successfully separated by manual operation Thursday morning, according to the Beijing Aerospace Control Center.

It was the first time for China's spacecraft and target module to be disjoined by manual operation.

The three Chinese astronauts returned to Shenzhou-9 spacecraft from Tiangong-1 lab module at 6 a.m. Thursday, to prepare for the manual separation attempt.

Liu Wang conducted the manual operation to separate Shenzhou-9 spacecraft and the orbiting Tiangong-1. He will continue manual operation and steer the spacecraft to a safety distance.

CCTV English just ran a short report with video now, couple screenshots from it.

And a video in Chinese: http://news.cntv.cn/china/20120628/108872.shtml

Offline bobrules

http://www.chinanews.com/gn/2012/06-28/3991797.shtml

according to sources, after the undocking, the crew attempted another manual docking approach, but not docking.

according to sources, after the undocking, the crew attempted another manual docking approach, but not docking.

Specifically, they retreated to the 5 kilometers point, then did a manual approach to within 140 meters of TG-1. Hopefully the Chinese planned a photography session with an astronaut peeking out of the orbital module's front window!  :)

Offline JimO

• Veteran
  • Texas, USA
  • Liked: 482
  • Likes Given: 195
If you need more pictures, here are some views of some hi-fidelity models I brought back from Beijing in April:

www.jamesoberg.com

If anyone wants to copy them over to here, be my guest.

Offline jcm

• Jonathan McDowell
  • Somerville, Massachusetts, USA
    • Jonathan's Space Report
  • Liked: 1290
  • Likes Given: 775

Specifically, they retreated to the 5 kilometers point, then did a manual approach to within 140 meters of TG-1. Hopefully the Chinese planned a photography session with an astronaut peeking out of the orbital module's front window!  :)

Google translate's version makes it sound as if this is a story from yesterday saying what was planned, rather than a report confirming it happened - can you clarify?
-----------------------------

Jonathan McDowell
http://planet4589.org

Offline Mapperuo

• Assistant Webmaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Yorkshire
CCTV English coverage begins 09:00 Beijing tomorrow, 01:00 UTC.
- Aaron

Offline EdT

Live broadcast will commence on most CCTV stations at 21:00hrs EST

I bet the three Taikonauts can't wait to get out their capsule for some fresh air after spending 24 hours in that cramp capsule !

(Note: Don't embed massive images. That's someone elses work - the (c) was a clue - Chris).
« Last Edit: 06/28/2012 11:46 pm by Chris Bergin »

Offline Dalhousie

• Liked: 780
  • Likes Given: 1131
Better than two weeks in Gemini!
Apologies in advance for any lack of civility - it's unintended

Offline Chris Bergin

Having lots of internet problems (my service provide decided no one will be up past midnight, so they are upgrading the backbone - thanks!) so I'll need everyone's help with the landing.
Support NSF via L2 -- Help improve NSF -- Site Rules/Feedback/Updates
**Not a L2 member? Whitelist this forum in your adblocker to support the site and ensure full functionality.**

Tags:

Advertisement NovaTech
Advertisement Northrop Grumman
Advertisement
Advertisement Margaritaville Beach Resort South Padre Island
Advertisement Brady Kenniston
Advertisement NextSpaceflight
Advertisement Nathan Barker Photography