Author Topic: New NSF Feedback Thread  (Read 375419 times)

Offline MP99

Re: New NSF Feedback Thread
« Reply #380 on: 02/11/2015 07:25 pm »
I usually access the forum by scrolling the "View the most recent posts on the forum." list. I guess I'm not alone in doing that.

If you want to do that, why not just go straight to this page instead of the forum homepage:-
http://forum.nasaspaceflight.com/index.php?action=recent

cheers, Martin

Offline pagheca

• Bayesian Pundit. Maybe.
  • Lives in Ivory, Tower
  • Liked: 220
  • Likes Given: 161
« Reply #381 on: 02/11/2015 09:24 pm »
We might think about that if that's what ' everyone wants'  .. please reply in here if you think this is a good/bad idea.

Obviously it will never happen. People almost always check this thread when experiencing a problem.

I'll take MP99 suggestion - thx!
« Last Edit: 02/11/2015 09:36 pm by pagheca »

Offline TSomers

• Liked: 16
  • Likes Given: 1555
« Reply #382 on: 02/11/2015 10:19 pm »
That upcoming calendar is very useful and I didn't know about it until pagheca pointed it out.  I think that would be very helpful to have at the top of the page.  However, I don't need to see the stats at the top of the page everyday. 

Offline Ohsin

• Liked: 1453
  • Likes Given: 2379
« Reply #383 on: 02/12/2015 12:06 am »
That upcoming calendar is very useful and I didn't know about it until pagheca pointed it out.  I think that would be very helpful to have at the top of the page.  However, I don't need to see the stats at the top of the page everyday.

Same. That upcoming events calender belongs up there but not forum stats. Also the search within topic function has been great! very useful.
« Last Edit: 02/12/2015 12:06 am by Ohsin »
"Well, three cheers to Sharma, but our real baby is INSAT."

Offline Lee Jay

• Elite Veteran
  • Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3603
  • Likes Given: 327
« Reply #384 on: 02/12/2015 12:12 am »
I usually access the forum by scrolling the "View the most recent posts on the forum." list. I guess I'm not alone in doing that.

If you want to do that, why not just go straight to this page instead of the forum homepage:-
http://forum.nasaspaceflight.com/index.php?action=recent

cheers, Martin

I think the link I posted above is really useful.

http://forum.nasaspaceflight.com/index.php?action=unreadreplies

It shows you just the threads to which you have contributed that have new replies since you last viewed them.  I'd still like to have a link to that location at the top of the forum.

Offline Ford Mustang

• Live Coverage Editor
  • Global Moderator
  • Virginia
    • Astro95Media
  • Liked: 375
  • Likes Given: 36
« Reply #385 on: 02/12/2015 03:03 am »
I personally like things the way they are, just throwing my two cents out there!

Offline pagheca

• Bayesian Pundit. Maybe.
  • Lives in Ivory, Tower
  • Liked: 220
  • Likes Given: 161
« Reply #386 on: 02/12/2015 08:40 am »
I think the link I posted above is really useful.

http://forum.nasaspaceflight.com/index.php?action=unreadreplies

It shows you just the threads to which you have contributed that have new replies since you last viewed them.  I'd still like to have a link to that location at the top of the forum.

Thanks, very nice indeed.

It's a pity IMHO that all these suggestions and hints are in the same hodgepodge. Further suggestion: let people free to create separated thread? My case is typical. I suggested something but unless you access the thread through the "view recent post" list, or wander around, you will never see it.

EDIT: only one additional remark. Do not assume that older post are "above". As many commenters seem not to know there is an option in the profile allowing to put  newer posts first, rather than below.
« Last Edit: 02/12/2015 09:57 am by pagheca »

Offline Carl G

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 260
  • Likes Given: 140
« Reply #387 on: 02/12/2015 01:12 pm »
I personally like things the way they are, just throwing my two cents out there!

Agree.

Offline Ohsin

« Reply #388 on: 02/12/2015 04:32 pm »
I am getting this error when I try to topic search on DSCVR Attempt 3 live thread.

Wrong value type sent to the database. Array of integers expected. (message_list)

Offline Chris Bergin

« Reply #389 on: 02/12/2015 06:52 pm »
I am getting this error when I try to topic search on DSCVR Attempt 3 live thread.

Wrong value type sent to the database. Array of integers expected. (message_list)

Via the main search page?

In Chrome I get:

"Each word must be at least two characters long." - So perhaps the "3" is throwing it...but if that's what you're doing.
Support NSF via L2 -- Help improve NSF -- Site Rules/Feedback/Updates
**Not a L2 member? Whitelist this forum in your adblocker to support the site and ensure full functionality.**

Offline NSF Webmaster

• Administrator
  • Almere, The Netherlands
    • NASASpaceFlight.com
  • Liked: 219
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #390 on: 02/12/2015 07:08 pm »

Via the main search page?

In Chrome I get:

"Each word must be at least two characters long." - So perhaps the "3" is throwing it...but if that's what you're doing.

No it's when you search trough the search bar on top of a Topic page (the DSCVR attempt 3 thread for example). I can reproduce it, so let me try to fix this :)

Offline NSF Webmaster

• Administrator
    • NASASpaceFlight.com
« Reply #391 on: 02/12/2015 07:15 pm »

Okay, that happens when you search for something and there are no results. Should be fixed now

Mark

Offline Ohsin

« Reply #392 on: 02/12/2015 07:30 pm »
Yep all smooth now Thanks :)

Offline NSF Webmaster

• Administrator
    • NASASpaceFlight.com
« Reply #393 on: 02/12/2015 08:03 pm »
Regarding the 'quick' access to the various lists (recent, unread etc..).. what do you think about this ? Not intrusive and your default view would remain the same

« Last Edit: 02/12/2015 08:05 pm by NSF Webmaster »

Offline topsphere

• Liked: 69
  • Likes Given: 159
« Reply #394 on: 02/12/2015 08:07 pm »
Are we gonna get liked posts back soon?

Offline NSF Webmaster

• Administrator
    • NASASpaceFlight.com
« Reply #395 on: 02/12/2015 08:30 pm »
Are we gonna get liked posts back soon?

Jup, I had to scrub the relaunch yesterday because we had a launch event or something  ;)

I expect them to be back this weekend.

Mark

Offline Lee Jay

• Elite Veteran
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #396 on: 02/12/2015 11:48 pm »
Regarding the 'quick' access to the various lists (recent, unread etc..).. what do you think about this ? Not intrusive and your default view would remain the same

That looks pretty clean to me.  I'd be up for something like that.

Offline Lee Jay

• Elite Veteran
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #397 on: 02/12/2015 11:50 pm »

Same. That upcoming events calender belongs up there but not forum stats. Also the search within topic function has been great! very useful.

Well, since the calendar is now getting updated (trying!) I think it's pretty handy and having upcoming events at the bottom means no one probably sees it.  And since the calendar link was unpopulated for so long, maybe people don't know it's even active yet.  So, yes, I'd put that at the top.  I don't have an opinion about forum stats.

Offline Chris Bergin

« Reply #398 on: 02/13/2015 12:14 am »

Well, since the calendar is now getting updated (trying!) I think it's pretty handy and having upcoming events at the bottom means no one probably sees it.  And since the calendar link was unpopulated for so long, maybe people don't know it's even active yet.  So, yes, I'd put that at the top.  I don't have an opinion about forum stats.

I concur we should make the calendar more visible.
**Not a L2 member? Whitelist this forum in your adblocker to support the site and ensure full functionality.**

Offline Chris Bergin

« Reply #399 on: 02/13/2015 04:35 pm »
This post makes me very sad, but I have been thinking about it for a while and received a note suggesting it, but I think we have to change the forum menu running order to move the Shuttle sections down the list. They just aren't active enough for them to be where they are, but there's no way I'm merging them into one post Shuttle section.

These orbiters are our foundation. They should forever have their own sections. And we'll be looking to do some redux coverage, do more for anniversaries (like the 10 year STS-114 anniversary) and so on.

But yeah, I'm going to have to move them down the running order.
« Last Edit: 02/13/2015 04:37 pm by Chris Bergin »

Tags:

Advertisement NovaTech
Advertisement Northrop Grumman
Advertisement
Advertisement Margaritaville Beach Resort South Padre Island
Advertisement Brady Kenniston
Advertisement NextSpaceflight
Advertisement Nathan Barker Photography