Author Topic: Oshkosh 1994 Apollo Astronaut Reunion  (Read 2543 times)

Offline CitabriaFlyer

• Liked: 24
  • Likes Given: 0
Oshkosh 1994 Apollo Astronaut Reunion
« on: 01/17/2017 09:46 am »
In 1994 the Experimental Aircraft Association held a reunion for Apollo astronauts celebrating the 25th anniversary of Apollo 11.  There was a program lasting 2 hours or more hosted by David Hartman that gave astronauts from each crew a chance to talk about their missions.  A representative from every crew was present and if memory serves the following astronauts attended:

Wally Schirra
Walter Cunningham
Frank Borman
Jim Lovell
Bill Anders
Jim McDivitt
Gene Cernan
Neil Armstrong
Mike Collins
Buzz Aldrin
Pete Conrad
Dick Gordon
Stu Roosa
Al Worden
Charlie Duke

I was fortunate to be able to attend that program with my father.  The recent passing of Captain Cernan makes me appreciate that program even more than I did at the time.  EAA made a VHS tape of the program available for purchase and I have it.  If it is possible I would love it if someone could obtain that video and place it here in nasaspaceflight.com   Even more than Chaikin's excellent book you really got a chance to listen to these men and get a sense of who they were - men of incredible courage, patriotism, professional excellence, humor and humility.  If anyone is an EAA member and can help this is a rich historical asset that would be awesome addition to this website.  Thank you.

Offline Jester

• Administrator
  • Earth
  • Liked: 6533
  • Likes Given: 157
« Last Edit: 01/17/2017 10:47 am by Jester »

Offline Rocketaholic

• Liked: 0
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: Oshkosh 1994 Apollo Astronaut Reunion
« Reply #2 on: 08/22/2017 04:08 pm »
I have that VHS 1994 tape from the EAA.  It is in mint condition and a true gem.
The Rocketaholic

Tags:

Advertisement NovaTech
Advertisement Northrop Grumman
Advertisement
Advertisement Margaritaville Beach Resort South Padre Island
Advertisement Brady Kenniston
Advertisement NextSpaceflight
Advertisement Nathan Barker Photography