Author Topic: Space Shuttle Atlantis @ Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex  (Read 85056 times)

Offline catdlr

• Marina del Rey, California, USA
  • Liked: 1472
  • Likes Given: 900
Did you guys hear about the new Foreever Rembered exhibit under Atlantis? This is huge. I think I'll be making a trip over there just to see it.

see here: http://forum.nasaspaceflight.com/index.php?topic=37896.msg1395000#msg1395000
Tony De La Rosa

Offline Ronpur50

• Brandon, FL
  • Liked: 748
  • Likes Given: 1494
I am going to make another trip to KSC on Wednesday.   In addition to the tour of the LCC, I am sure we will stop in to see our old friend, Atlantis!

Offline Ronpur50

• Brandon, FL
I tried out the panorama feature on my camera yesterday.

Offline ICEINK

I Just had the greatest opportunity to visit Atlantis with my wife Emily this past Holiday, Wow so many people at the visitors center.  Tears of joy were in our eyes as we shuttled through the Atlantis Visit. Wow!!
Frank X Cassella
KB1IFX

Offline Ronpur50

• Brandon, FL
We went to see our old pal Atlantis a few weeks ago.  I noticed what appears to be a strip of rubber or metal hanging from one of the SSME.  I hope she isn't falling apart already.

Offline Hog

• Woodstock
  • Liked: 244
  • Likes Given: 556
We went to see our old pal Atlantis a few weeks ago.  I noticed what appears to be a strip of rubber or metal hanging from one of the SSME.  I hope she isn't falling apart already.
Someone took her out for an orbit and forgot to do a circle check afterwards.

Space Transportation System, such a great synergy of (wo)man and machine, something to never be experienced again.
Paul

Offline brettreds2k

• Charlotte, NC
  • Liked: 11
  • Likes Given: 25

That wasnt there the 2 times I have gone to see her, I hope she is not being neglected
Brett
www.facebook.com/brett.lowenthal1

Orbiters I have visited in retirement:

[ ] Enterprise
[X] Discovery
[X] Atlantis
[ ] Endeavour

Offline Orbiter

• Florida
  • Liked: 386
  • Likes Given: 911
IIRC, those SSME's are not actual flight hardware but mockups as the SSME's will be used on SLS.
Attended space missions: STS-114, STS-124, STS-128, STS-135, Atlas V "Curiosity", Delta IV Heavy NROL-15, Atlas V MUOS-2, Delta IV Heavy NROL-37, SpaceX CRS-9, SpaceX JCSAT-16, Atlas V GOES-R, SpaceX SES-11.

Offline Ronpur50

• Brandon, FL
IIRC, those SSME's are not actual flight hardware but mockups as the SSME's will be used on SLS.

They WERE flight hardware.  They used old engine bells.

Offline Ronpur50

• Brandon, FL
A new model is sitting under Atlantis.  It is a model of a Dragon docked to a Bigalow module.  It has almost no signage, an may just be parked there for now.

Offline Ronpur50

• Brandon, FL
I took a few more pictures of Atlantis as well.  This is my last trip on this pass.  We won't renew until December.  I will miss her.....

Offline catdlr

• Marina del Rey, California, USA
  • Liked: 1472
  • Likes Given: 900
bump for a video...

Live From Kennedy Space Centre - Space Shuttle Atlantis

Space Videos
Streamed live Oct 16, 2017

Space Shuttle Atlantis at Kennedy Space Center

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eo9hffyl1rE?t=001

Tony De La Rosa

Tags: