Author Topic: Yaogan Weixing-27 (YG-27) - CZ-4C - Taiyuan - August 27, 2015 (02:31 UTC)  (Read 21848 times)

Online Satori

• Global Moderator
  • Campo do Geręs - Portugal
  • Liked: 1968
  • Likes Given: 1154
Rumors about a launch in the coming days pointed out that this will take place from Jiuquan. We do not know the nature of the cargo o board, but possibly it is the SW-6 satellite (QS-3).
« Last Edit: 08/27/2015 03:42 am by Galactic Penguin SST »

Offline beidou

• Mars
  • Liked: 48
  • Likes Given: 3
I'm just about to open this thread, but you were quicker!

Offline beidou

• Mars
  • Liked: 48
  • Likes Given: 3
Still no NOTAM, will this launch be real??

Offline northenarc

• United States
  • Liked: 238
  • Likes Given: 563
  Is it my imagination or does China seems to like launching when other nations do, India, Russia and the US all launching this week. 

Online Satori

• Global Moderator
  Is it my imagination or does China seems to like launching when other nations do, India, Russia and the US all launching this week. 

Maybe the other nations launch when China does ;)

Online Satori

• Global Moderator
Still no NOTAM, will this launch be real??

We just have to wait, beidou. Looks like the rumors are strong. In the next 24 hours we will know.

Offline kch

• Liked: 496
  • Likes Given: 8807

Might be your imagination ... might be ours (and theirs) as well.  ;)

Offline Phillip Clark

• Hastings, England
  • Liked: 557
  • Likes Given: 1078
QS-3?   I presume that QS = Qianshao.

Qianshao-1 is supposed to have been Shiyan Weixing 2, the prototype of the satellites in the Shijian 11 series.   Qianshao-2 was Shiyan Weixing 5, and has been suggested as being the prototype of a Shijian 11 follow-on series.

So maybe the new launch will be the first Qianshao-2/Shijian mission?

But if it is Qianshao-3 then I wonder what has happened to a possible Qianshao-2 series?

I enjoy the Chinese keeping us guessing!
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane - WJ.

Offline SmallKing

• Zhejiang, China, the Earth
  • Liked: 189
  • Likes Given: 220
still no NOTAMS
Some are bound for happiness, some are bound to glory, some are bound to live with less, who can tell your story?

Offline Galactic Penguin SST

Ugggghhh.....The nature of the rumors were right, but the predicted satellite and rocket were wrong!  :-X

CCTV just reported that YG-27 was just successfully launched from Taiyuan at 02:31 UTC on a CZ-4C rocket.
Astronomy & spaceflight geek penguin. In a relationship w/ Space Shuttle Discovery. Current Priority: Chasing the Chinese Spaceflight Wonder Egg & A Certain Chinese Mars Rover

Photos from Xinhua:

Astronomy & spaceflight geek penguin. In a relationship w/ Space Shuttle Discovery. Current Priority: Chasing the Chinese Spaceflight Wonder Egg & A Certain Chinese Mars Rover

Online Satori

• Global Moderator
No orbital parameters yet, but this should be an electrooptical 3rd generation bird (YG-8, 15, 19, 22)?

No orbital parameters yet, but this should be an electrooptical 3rd generation bird (YG-8, 15, 19, 22)?

I think so given its launch time is again at 31 minutes past the hour, the same with the 4 birds you have mentioned.  ;)

Offline Phillip Clark

• Hastings, England
  • Liked: 557
  • Likes Given: 1078

Electro-optical or radar?   I have these satellites as being the Jianbing-9 radar satellites.   Maybe wrong of course!
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane - WJ.

Electro-optical or radar?   I have these satellites as being the Jianbing-9 radar satellites.   Maybe wrong of course!

I believe all Chinese amateur sources puts it as optical satellites specialized in marine operations.

And there's an object from this launch at NORAD (CZ-4C 3rd stage) that confirms the identity above: 40878/2015-040A is in a 1065 x 1205 km x  100.46 deg. orbit.

Online Satori

• Global Moderator

Electro-optical

http://forum.nasaspaceflight.com/index.php?topic=26471.0

Offline Chris Bergin

Support NSF via L2 -- Help improve NSF -- Site Rules/Feedback/Updates
**Not a L2 member? Whitelist this forum in your adblocker to support the site and ensure full functionality.**

Online Satori

• Global Moderator
Looks like the exact launch time was 0231:34.989UTC.

Offline chewi

• Liked: 59
  • Likes Given: 12

Offline input~2

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 1540
  • Likes Given: 567

Tags:

Advertisement NovaTech
Advertisement Northrop Grumman
Advertisement
Advertisement Margaritaville Beach Resort South Padre Island