Author Topic: Indian Human Spaceflight Program  (Read 410199 times)

Offline Ohsin

• Liked: 1453
  • Likes Given: 2379
Re: Indian Human Spaceflight Program
« Reply #240 on: 12/03/2014 05:49 am »
http://forum.nasaspaceflight.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=28405.0;attach=622586;image

In above thruster is visible I think, checks out location wise.
"Well, three cheers to Sharma, but our real baby is INSAT."

Offline nimbostratus

• Mainland, China
  • Liked: 8
  • Likes Given: 13
« Reply #241 on: 12/03/2014 06:27 am »
^^^
thanks a lot.Never knew they had planned a new vehicle whey they conceived the manned mission plan in 2006.

Anyways ,building a LEO travelling Vehicle is not enough.We need a future beyond LEO CM too

Better get the current work done first.
Wonders in the desert

Offline antriksh

• Liked: 132
  • Likes Given: 107
« Reply #242 on: 12/03/2014 07:26 am »
http://forum.nasaspaceflight.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=28405.0;attach=622586;image

In above thruster is visible I think, checks out location wise.

Right! Lets see how much propulsion info comes out in the brochure.
Nasadiya Sukta:
Srishti se pehle sat nahin thaa, asat bhi nahin | Antariksh bhi nahin, aakaash bhi nahin thaa | chhipaa thaa kyaa, kahaan, kisne dhakaa thaa | us pal to agam, atal jal bhi kahaan thaa ||

From: 1st verse of 129th Hymn of the 10th Book of Rig Veda

Offline abhishek

• Liked: 57
  • Likes Given: 13
« Reply #243 on: 12/03/2014 07:47 am »

Better get the current work done first.

Indeed! I just wanted to say that Building a beyond LEO Spacecraft should be a futuristic target if we are aiming for moon and mars.
« Last Edit: 12/03/2014 07:49 am by abhishek »
10, 9, ignition sequence start 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, 0, all engines running Lift off, we have a lift off, lift off

Offline Steven Pietrobon

• Adelaide, Australia
    • Steven Pietrobon's Space Archive
  • Liked: 32735
  • Likes Given: 8178
« Reply #244 on: 12/03/2014 08:15 pm »
That launch vehicle seems interesting. It looks like it's powered by a solid first stage and cryogenic 2nd stage.

Looks like four stages to me. The first stage is solid, the second using storable propellants, the third using cryogenic propellants and the fourth stage being the capsule using storable propellants.
Akin's Laws of Spacecraft Design #1:  Engineering is done with numbers.  Analysis without numbers is only an opinion.

Offline Lars-J

• California
  • Liked: 8485
  • Likes Given: 5384
« Reply #245 on: 12/04/2014 04:53 pm »
That launch vehicle seems interesting. It looks like it's powered by a solid first stage and cryogenic 2nd stage.

Looks like four stages to me. The first stage is solid, the second using storable propellants, the third using cryogenic propellants and the fourth stage being the capsule using storable propellants.

That "4th stage" is just the service module propulsion. It is not usually counted as a stage, it is a part of the payload.

Offline antriksh

« Reply #246 on: 12/05/2014 01:40 am »
Nasadiya Sukta:
Srishti se pehle sat nahin thaa, asat bhi nahin | Antariksh bhi nahin, aakaash bhi nahin thaa | chhipaa thaa kyaa, kahaan, kisne dhakaa thaa | us pal to agam, atal jal bhi kahaan thaa ||

Offline Soheil

• O_o
  • Tehran, I.R.IRAN
  • Liked: 28
  • Likes Given: 14
« Reply #247 on: 12/18/2014 10:43 am »
 8)
First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.

Offline Rocket Science

• NASA Educator Astronaut Candidate Applicant 2002
  • Liked: 4548
  • Likes Given: 13523
« Reply #248 on: 12/18/2014 02:57 pm »
Another great article William with lots of details! Thanks!! :)
"The laws of physics are unforgiving"
~Rob: Physics instructor, Aviator

Offline Prober

• Save the spin....I'm keeping you honest!
  • Nevada
  • Liked: 721
  • Likes Given: 729
« Reply #249 on: 12/20/2014 10:11 am »
ISRO isn't budget limited.

http://www.ndtv.com/article/india/indian-human-spaceflight-programme-is-at-beginning-stage-isro-468692

The programs, and the scientific sector in the country is know-how limited, and promulgating scientific literacy as well as STEM fascination is where, IMO, the thrust ought to be directed. We've always known that rockets are awesome for that :)

whatever the way its being done, its showing results and India is on the map in 2014.  ;)

India has some new doors that are being opened.   There's a north American company that likes what your doing with you spacecraft program.  They own some proprietary technology that might find its way into a joint venture along these lines.

http://forum.nasaspaceflight.com/index.php?topic=27265.0

who knows if its talk or something will come of it, but I find it very interesting.
2017 - Everything Old is New Again.
"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant..." --Isoroku Yamamoto

Offline Blackstar

• Veteran
  • Liked: 7823
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #250 on: 12/22/2014 09:18 pm »
http://www.thespacereview.com/article/2667/1

India’s heavy-lift rocket and crew module milestones: which is more important?
by Ajey Lele
Monday, December 22, 2014

The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) successfully launched its LVM3 (Launch Vehicle Mark III) on a suborbital test mission on December 18. The success of this mission marks a new beginning in India’s satellite launch vehicle program. Also, on the same mission India successfully tested the launch and recovery of a “crew module” by launching CARE (Crew Module Atmospheric Re-entry Experiment) as a payload in this mission.

Offline okan170

• Los Angeles
  • Liked: 6806
  • Likes Given: 1345
« Reply #251 on: 02/01/2015 04:38 am »
Look what i found  ;D

This video inspired me to come up with a conjectural spacecraft based on the flown vehicle and whatever concepts I can find online.  Bringing it to the ISS seems only natural, so I fitted it with a docking mechanism and did some renders.

Offline Ohsin

• Liked: 1453
  • Likes Given: 2379
« Reply #252 on: 02/01/2015 08:44 am »
Incredible renderings! We are so used to see highly compressed official jpegs and half baked animations that people glean from here and there :P  That thing would really stand out with its skin color. This also makes me wonder what could be the purpose of those fin like structures on service module in official graphics.

Again thanks for creating these  ;D
"Well, three cheers to Sharma, but our real baby is INSAT."

Offline Phillip Clark

• Hastings, England
  • Liked: 557
  • Likes Given: 1078
« Reply #253 on: 02/01/2015 09:04 am »
Nice pictures but will India start to fly crews into orbit before ISS is retired?   India would then have to rely upon access to China's modular Tiangong orbital station: if the Chinese are interested, of course.
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane - WJ.

Offline johnxx9

• Liked: 19
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #254 on: 02/01/2015 05:04 pm »
Nice pictures but will India start to fly crews into orbit before ISS is retired?   India would then have to rely upon access to China's modular Tiangong orbital station: if the Chinese are interested, of course.

The Indian goal as of now is to put an Indian in space. It would be too early for ISRO to publically start speaking about space stations and such.

We did not hear about Chinese space station in late 80s or 90s even though China was working on HSF. It is only after they were confident and their program saw a few successes that the plans for their space station became public.

Why should India be any different? Their first challenge is to get a man in space and get him back successfully. Once they are very close to achieving this successfully, they can start serious work on where the program goes from there.

So, the assertion that program doesn't have any concrete future plans is unwarranted.

Offline Phillip Clark

• Hastings, England
  • Liked: 557
  • Likes Given: 1078
« Reply #255 on: 02/01/2015 06:51 pm »
This is OT for the Indian programme, but to correct Johnxx9 the first photos of the Tiangong 1 mock-up predate the Shenzhou 5 flight.
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane - WJ.

Offline vineethgk

• India
  • Liked: 187
  • Likes Given: 265
« Reply #256 on: 02/03/2015 05:53 am »
This video inspired me to come up with a conjectural spacecraft based on the flown vehicle and whatever concepts I can find online.  Bringing it to the ISS seems only natural, so I fitted it with a docking mechanism and did some renders.

There is one question that came to my mind with the docking mechanism depicted in the renders. Keeping in mind the size of the planned crew module, would it be possible to incorporate a docking hatch into it without affecting its crew capacity of 3 persons? Or would it make better sense to add an orbital module Soyuz/Shenzhou style and incorporate the docking hatch in that?

And btw, nice renders..  8)
« Last Edit: 02/03/2015 05:54 am by vineethgk »

Offline The Amazing Catstronaut

• Arsia Mons, Mars, Sol IV, Inner Solar Solar System, Sol system.
  • Liked: 759
  • Likes Given: 626
« Reply #257 on: 02/03/2015 06:20 pm »
Indian gemini(+1) will be a beautiful thing to behold, truly.

It's really heartwarming to see a nation (apart from the USA, which is the obvious one) with such a long connection to my own country as India making enormous strides into the unknown. This is an awesome thing for one of the world's most dynamic, fastest growing nations and truly compounds India's state as a 21st century democratic power.

Makes me proud to be alive - it's great seeing another nation get out there using predominantly homegrown tech, instead of stealing a ride with one of the bigger players.

Go ISRO.
Resident feline spaceflight expert. Knows nothing of value about human spaceflight.

Offline antriksh

« Reply #258 on: 05/16/2015 04:51 am »
Static Test of Canted Scarfed Multiple Nozzle Motor for crew module escape system

from this

to this
« Last Edit: 05/16/2015 05:01 am by antriksh »
Nasadiya Sukta:

Offline vyoma

• India
  • Liked: 850
  • Likes Given: 127
« Reply #259 on: 06/17/2015 03:24 am »
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/science/isro-working-to-have-critical-technologies-for-human-space-mission/articleshow/47695980.cms

"We are working for critical technologies for human space programmes. Currently we are working on environmentally controlled chamber so that the chamber is habitable for human being for long period," ISRO Chairman A S Kirankumar said on a question if the space organisation is working for building capsule for human space programme.

"We have make sure that various oxygen level and carbon dioxide level is conducive for human being for weeks together in the capsule. The methods of controlling the environment ensuring that whether inside the capsule is comfortable for astronauts, those experiments are going on," he said.

Tags:

Advertisement NovaTech
Advertisement Northrop Grumman
Advertisement
Advertisement Margaritaville Beach Resort South Padre Island
Advertisement Brady Kenniston
Advertisement NextSpaceflight
Advertisement Nathan Barker Photography