Author Topic: Rockwell International Space Shuttle Preview Video  (Read 2427 times)

Offline catdlr

• Enthusiast since the Redstones
  • Marina del Rey, California, USA
  • Liked: 8822
  • Likes Given: 7826
ROCKWELL INTERNATIONAL SPACE SHUTTLE MISSION PROFILE "NEW ERA"

PeriscopeFilm
Published on Sep 25, 2017

Made by primary contractor Rockwell International, this short film provides an overview of the Space Shuttle program which is described as a "new era in space flight". The film makes many promises which would not hold up over the life of the shuttle program, but which were great sales tools at the time! One of these is a comment that each re-usable Space Shuttle will "be used 100 times or more" (note: Discovery ended up making 39 missions, the most of any shuttle). At 1:00, the film comments on the Space Shuttle Enterprise (or #101) which has recently completed landing tests. It also mentions #102 the Columbia, which shares its name with the Apollo 11 CSM. The film goes on to show the mission profile for the shuttles through animation and artwork. The film mentions that the Space Shuttle may allow new opportunities to manufacture metal alloys in weightlessness, or produce new biomedical products and medicines, and more. The shuttle will also allow servicing of satellites and construction of many things in space including -- space power stations. (Still waiting on those!)

We encourage viewers to add comments and, especially, to provide additional information about our videos by adding a comment!  See something interesting?  Tell people what it is and what they can see by writing something for example: "01:00:12:00 -- President Roosevelt is seen meeting with Winston Churchill at the Quebec Conference."

This film is part of the Periscope Film LLC archive, one of the largest historic military, transportation, and aviation stock footage collections in the USA. Entirely film backed, this material is available for licensing in 24p HD, 2k and 4k. For more information visit http://www.PeriscopeFilm.com

Tony De La Rosa, ...I'm no Feline Dealer!! I move mountains.  but I'm better known for "I think it's highly sexual." Japanese to English Translation.

Tags:

Advertisement NovaTech
Advertisement Northrop Grumman
Advertisement
Advertisement Margaritaville Beach Resort South Padre Island
Advertisement Brady Kenniston
Advertisement NextSpaceflight
Advertisement Nathan Barker Photography