Author Topic: New NSF Feedback Thread  (Read 375439 times)

Offline Chris Bergin

Re: New NSF Feedback Thread
« Reply #740 on: 08/04/2016 11:12 am »
I was just wondering if there was enough wizardry in here to merge my two profiles. For some reason I can't remember, I was posting as Nomadd22 for a while in 08/09.

Oooh, seems not. :( We can merge threads, but not accounts. We can only rename accounts.

So if someone doesn't like their username anymore, we can rename it (which renames the username on all posts and messages sent  previously), but if they create a second username and use that, we can't combine to two accounts.
Support NSF via L2 -- Help improve NSF -- Site Rules/Feedback/Updates
**Not a L2 member? Whitelist this forum in your adblocker to support the site and ensure full functionality.**

Offline MP99

« Reply #741 on: 08/04/2016 07:39 pm »
I was just wondering if there was enough wizardry in here to merge my two profiles. For some reason I can't remember, I was posting as Nomadd22 for a while in 08/09.

Oooh, seems not. :( We can merge threads, but not accounts. We can only rename accounts.

So if someone doesn't like their username anymore, we can rename it (which renames the username on all posts and messages sent  previously), but if they create a second username and use that, we can't combine to two accounts.
ISTR this applies to everything except replies where the user is quoted, which remain showing the old user name.

This was quite some time ago, so may have been fixed now.

Cheers, Martin

Offline Nomadd

• Lower 48
  • Liked: 60431
  • Likes Given: 1305
« Reply #742 on: 08/06/2016 05:13 am »
 Well, since this is a feedback thread, even though this is completely unrelated to new formats, I thought it might be a place for a 2 cent, 3 Guinness post.
 I hadn't been frequenting the "The Mars settlement / Martian homesteading narrative 2" thread until just before it got limboed for turning into a CNN comments section. But, there were some things in there I thought to be annoyingly thought provoking, and hope that it hasn't been permanently removed from the continuum.
 I much appreciate the unappreciated job (That made more sense when it was in my brain) of running this place and am in awe of the job the mods do in keeping the quality up. I wish I had some suggestions as to how to keep it that way without losing things which shouldn't be lost, but I'm just a Texan in a Mexican/Irish bar, bothering the boss.
« Last Edit: 08/06/2016 05:51 am by Nomadd »
Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who couldn't hear the music.

Offline A_M_Swallow

• Elite Veteran
  • South coast of England
  • Liked: 500
  • Likes Given: 223
« Reply #743 on: 08/11/2016 07:45 pm »
I killed the banner advert from 'Qurbani'. It repeatedly dragged the viewing area down. I am happy to watch an advert but not when I am reading something else.

Offline Chris Bergin

« Reply #744 on: 08/11/2016 09:26 pm »
I killed the banner advert from 'Qurbani'. It repeatedly dragged the viewing area down. I am happy to watch an advert but not when I am reading something else.

Yeah, that bottom google ad is random to everyone, but any annoying ones can be killed by hitting the X in the right hand side and it'll never show again.

We'll be looking to sort that ad space out via the NSF2017 effort.
**Not a L2 member? Whitelist this forum in your adblocker to support the site and ensure full functionality.**

Offline First Mate Rummey

• Liked: 104
  • Likes Given: 37
« Reply #745 on: 08/19/2016 04:51 pm »
Two forum issues on mobile Chrome:
YouTube videos are too large, also can't see the full screen button, because it's outside the screen; they should be resized to current screen horizontal size.
On polls I cannot vote and can only see one of the results.

Offline Chris Bergin

« Reply #746 on: 08/21/2016 12:38 pm »
Let me try that on my iPotato with Chrome...

Polls - will check. People are voting in polls, so it may be your browser again? I'll do some random voting on different browsers to see.

Offline Chris Bergin

« Reply #747 on: 08/21/2016 12:40 pm »
Hmmm, video worked really well on my iPhone 6 and Chrome. Not using that awful tapatalk are you? I always use "full site" when on NSF on my phone.

Offline First Mate Rummey

• Liked: 104
  • Likes Given: 37
« Reply #748 on: 08/21/2016 05:39 pm »
I am using Chrome on Android, no Tapatalk.
I tried forcing the desktop layout, it still use the mobile version, but videos are now much smaller! So it's a workaround at least.
Thanks for the reply :)

Offline Nomadd

• Lower 48
  • Liked: 60431
  • Likes Given: 1305
« Reply #749 on: 08/21/2016 06:18 pm »
Hmmm, video worked really well on my iPhone 6 and Chrome. Not using that awful tapatalk are you? I always use "full site" when on NSF on my phone.
Glad to hear it. I was afraid you were pushing Taptalk from all those banners that keep appearing.
Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who couldn't hear the music.

Offline Chris Bergin

« Reply #750 on: 08/22/2016 12:01 pm »
Glad to hear it. I was afraid you were pushing Taptalk from all those banners that keep appearing.

What banners?

Online mtakala24

« Reply #751 on: 08/22/2016 05:44 pm »
Upon first browsing the site with a mobile device, the tapatalk plugin puts a banner to hint that the forum supports tapatalk. The banner can then be hidden.

Offline Chris Bergin

« Reply #752 on: 08/22/2016 05:46 pm »
Upon first browsing the site with a mobile device, the tapatalk plugin puts a banner to hint that the forum supports tapatalk. The banner can then be hidden.

Well that sucks. Tapatalk seem to really love themselves (with that added signature on the bottom of posts).

I say we look at a better mobile solution (as suggested in the NSF 2017 section) :)

Me: Full site on iPotato. I'm old skool ;D

Offline Rocket Science

• NASA Educator Astronaut Candidate Applicant 2002
  • Liked: 4548
  • Likes Given: 13523
« Reply #753 on: 09/18/2016 07:27 pm »
I can't seem to load the home page and tried different browsers...
"The laws of physics are unforgiving"
~Rob: Physics instructor, Aviator

Offline Chris Bergin

« Reply #754 on: 09/18/2016 07:49 pm »
We're on it. Standby.

Offline Chris Bergin

« Reply #755 on: 09/18/2016 07:57 pm »
Let me know if that's fixed now! :)

Offline Hobbes-22

• Acme Engineering
    • Acme Engineering
  • Liked: 587
  • Likes Given: 486
« Reply #756 on: 09/18/2016 08:06 pm »
Loads OK for me.

Offline Orbiter

• Florida
  • Liked: 1548
  • Likes Given: 1385
« Reply #757 on: 09/18/2016 08:08 pm »
A-OK here.
KSC Engineer, astronomer, rocket photographer.

Offline Rocket Science

• NASA Educator Astronaut Candidate Applicant 2002
  • Liked: 4548
  • Likes Given: 13523
« Reply #758 on: 09/18/2016 08:31 pm »
A-OK! Thanks :)
"The laws of physics are unforgiving"
~Rob: Physics instructor, Aviator

Offline WBailey

• Planet Earth
  • Liked: 21
  • Likes Given: 70
« Reply #759 on: 10/06/2016 03:46 pm »
Starting today (10/6/2016) I've been redirected from NSF to advertisement pages, not a pop up but entirely changing pages. I don't think it is adware on my end as it has only happened on NSF, not any other page. Probably a banner ad or something, just happened to me again at 11:44 EST.

First I get redirected to dnshost.me, then engine.spotscenered.info, then an advertisement. Most recent final page was www.reimageplus.com
« Last Edit: 10/06/2016 03:47 pm by WBailey »

Tags:

Advertisement NovaTech
Advertisement Northrop Grumman
Advertisement
Advertisement Margaritaville Beach Resort South Padre Island
Advertisement Brady Kenniston
Advertisement NextSpaceflight
Advertisement Nathan Barker Photography